President, Project Manager and Senior Software Architect1998 - PRESENTAckley Media
Technologies: PHP4, PHP5, MySQL, HTML5, Zend Framework
- Created a CMS and eCommerce Platform.
- Created an MVC Framework for PHP4, later ported to PHP5.
- Built API adapters for PayPal, UPS, FedEx, Moneris, PSiGate, TechData, and Authorize.Net.
- Collaborated with clients and provided ideas and solutions based on their requirements.
- Managed company employees and accounting duties.
Senior Back-end Engineer2014 - 2016Telcentris
Technologies: PHP, Zend Framework, Doctrine ORM
- Supported the team with its API platform, Extranet site, and Intranet site.
- Created many new features into the system and integrated Doctrine ORM.
- Wrote unit tests and integrated an automated model testing mechanism with fixtures.
- Created and documented processes for new and current developers to improved code quality and reliability.
- Served as an advisor for integrating various technologies and software patterns while refactoring existing system.
- Created extensive system architecture documentation in Confluence.
Senior PHP Software Architect2009 - 2011Panvista Media
- Developed a social media mobile content distribution platform based on PHP Zend framework.
- Refactored and optimized the existing system to be flexible, modularized, and stable.
- Created XML+JSON APIs for mobile and Flash front-ends. Created a Blackberry compiler web interface.
- Created a server page caching system, file system manipulation, ImageMagic+GDLib dynamic image cache, and table model base (advanced query optimization) libraries.
- Optimized and refactored MySQL DB.
- Created internationalization libraries to enable multilingual interface.
- Managed automatic site creation with dynamic domain setup.
- Created HTML5 offline storage, offline caching manifest, and offline databases.
- Conducted HTML and CSS optimization for iPhone, Blackberry and Android browsers.
- Created PHPUnit and Selenium tests.
- Utilized Hudson for deployment to sandbox and staging environments.
- Created documentation for all APIs and complex processes.
- Utilized the following APIs: RackSpace cloud CDN, Apache Lucene, Facebook, and Gearman Job Server.
Website and Software Developer (Cooperative Education)1999 - 1999Oakville Hydro
- Created utility programs for the company in Visual Basic.
- Created websites for the company’s intranet.
- Supported and updated the company's main website.
- Created a Microsoft Access database with Forms for the IT department inventory control.
- Provided computer support and training for company employees.
Microsoft C++ Device Driver Developer (Cooperative Education)1996 - 1997ADCOM Inc. (Acquired by Telus)
Technologies: Microsoft C++, Microsoft Visual Studio, MS Access Database, Front-end Room Control Software
- Created Windows DLL drivers and test interfaces for various video conferencing and room control equipment. Devices were usually controlled through RS232 serial interface.
- Developed a Microsoft Access documentation knowledge base to keep track of all DLLs and their functional interfaces.
- Created API documentation for DLLs.
- Researched equipment and different ways it could be controlled in order to fit it to project needs.
- Developed front-end graphical test interfaces to test APIs.
- Created many other utility applications.