Lead QA Engineer2018 - 2018Status.im (Ethereum)
- Worked as part of the core development team of Status.im.
- Responsible for major improvements to the core test automation framework.
- Created cross-platform automated regression tests.
- Trained QA team members to become automation engineers.
Senior QA and Automation Engineer2016 - 2018Base CRM | Zendesk
- Worked as the sole QA in an Agile product team consisting of seven senior developers, a product owner, and a designer.
- Oversaw and was in charge of QA processes and testing activities in the team.
- Created a scalable and easily maintainable end-to-end web automation test framework to test React front ends.
- Extended API tests for the dozens of microservices that base had.
- Created automated mobile app tests with Appium and Android Espresso test frameworks.
- Advised on company-wide best test automation practices for testing front-end web apps which resulted in the move away from an "ice cream cone" automation approach into a proper "testing pyramid."
Lead Android Developer2014 - 2015Optimal Software
Technologies: Azure Cloud Services, C#, Java, Android
- Led the development for an Android internet speed checking app that currently has more than 5 million downloads.
- Built subscription options and paid features for Android app.
- Created a mobile VPN client Android app.
- Advised on company-wide QA strategy for mobile.
- Integrated analytics and app monitoring services to validate ideas.
- Implemented A/B tests and measured user engagement.
Lead Test Automation Engineer2014 - 2015Testmunk | Snapchat
Technologies: Docker, Appium, Calabash, Scala, Ruby
- Created Android and iOS test automation frameworks for some of the top mobile apps in the world (e.g. Flipboard). Used Calabash, Appium, and Ruby RSpec test frameworks.
- Implemented continuous integration and delivery systems for iOS and Android apps using Jenkins, Travis, and CircleCI systems.
- Built cross-platform acceptance test frameworks supporting hybrid mobile apps written in React Native or PhoneGap.
- Designed device farm infrastructure based on Docker, Vagrant.
- Led a team of 3 Test Automation Engineers. My responsibilities included: mentorship, determining technical needs for assigned projects, identifying risks, setting up best practices for coding, and overlooking client communication.
- Conducted tech interviews for new Test Automation Engineers.
- Introduced and facilitated Agile practices. Kanban for QA efforts, Scrum for core product development.
- Did technical sales calls, product demos, client onboardings.
Software Development Engineer in Test2012 - 2013Smart4Aviation
Technologies: Linux, iOS, Android, Enterprise, Java
- Tested mobile and web apps for the airline industry (Air Canada, Air France Airlines, and others).
- Introduced test automation for web products using WebDriver and Java.
- Designed test plans.
- Advised on QA practices for Agile teams during the Waterfall-Agile transformation of the company. Then worked as a part of a Scrum team.
- Worked closely with all stakeholders and raised potential problems at an early stage by validating requirements as soon as possible.