Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Architect and Developer
Łukasz is a customer-focused and goal-oriented IT professional working for both well-established, tier-1 global financial institutions, as well as fast-paced fintech startups. He has 15 years of experience building large, mission-critical systems for the financial sector—specializing in electronic trading, market data, banking, and securities exchange systems. Łukasz has managed large and small teams at several firms and is keen to work both as part of a group and individually.
Linux, IntelliJ IDEA
The most amazing...
...thing was designing and leading the build of a complete investment and banking ecosystem and stock exchange systems in the difficult EU regulatory landscape.
Fair Place Finance
- Designed and led the development of a banking and investment platform that went live this year in the EU.
- Designed and codeveloped a next-generation index calculator for the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- Led the integration of several dozens of systems necessary for an investment firm's operations.
- Built and managed a team of 30 software engineers, testers, DevOps engineers, and system administrators.
- Designed and rolled out continuous integration and continuous deployment processes as well as operational procedures, including real-time monitoring, incident management, and reporting.
Principal Software Engineer | Software Architect
Vela Trading Technologies
- Codeveloped software for monitoring Bloomberg terminal usage, saving large financial institutions a substantial amount of money every month; it won many industry awards and my clients included some of the largest financial institutions worldwide.
- Managed a team of five software and QA engineers and was responsible for the development and release process.
- Designed and developed software for real-time filtering of the Options Price Reporting Authority (OPRA) data feed which delivers 4-million option pricing messages per second.
Development Manager | Software Architect
New York Stock Exchange
- Led the global market data engineering team of software and QA engineers as well as business analysts.
- Developed core stock exchange systems working on over 10 worldwide markets (focused on high-performance real-time and historical market data distribution).
- Built a number of high-performance real-time market data feed handlers for both US and European markets. This software was (and still is) algo trading engines at some of the most renowned financial institutions worldwide.
Fair Place Financehttp://www.fairplacefinance.pl
Software Development, Distributed Team Management, Business Analysis, Operating Systems, Distributed Systems, IT Projects, Software Architecture, User Interface (UI), Solution Design, Computer Networking
Java 9, Java, C++, Python
Spring Boot, Spring 5, Spring Security
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Technical University of Lodz - Lodz, Poland
Bachelor of Science Degree with Honors in Computer Science
Coventry University - Coventry UK
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring