Freelance Software Engineer2015 - PRESENTToptal
Technologies: AWS, Vue.js, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Docker, Python, Django
- Launched various projects and MVPs for clients.
- Put out several fires from previous developers that had either not finished the job or had failed to meet the specific needs of the client.
- Deployed autoscaling cloud applications that needed to support millions of monthly active users.
- Created a compliance platform that utilized blockchain technology to provide proof of existence.
- Developed a platform to ingest data from all over the internet and combine it into a central data repository.
AWS Solutions Architect2013 - PRESENTVarious
Technologies: AWS CloudWatch, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), Amazon SQS, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Relational Database Services (RDS), AWS EC2, AWS
- Created and managed AWS architecture for a healthcare analytics company. Strict SLAs were in place, so the deployment needed to be highly available, with auto-scaling and self-healing. Security was essential, so various VPC controls were utilized (such as Network ACLs and Security Groups).
- Created a framework for rapidly deploying and managing Docker Swarm deployments in AWS as well as DigitalOcean. This framework leverages Terraform, Ansible and specially-crafted configurations to automatically provisions clouds from scratch (with all infrastructure), as well as provide rolling updates with zero downtime.
- Prepared an AWS environment for a security audit against the NIST 800-53 standard. The company performing the audit was incredibly impressed with the architecture and controls and has reached out to have me assist companies they've come across that need help.
- Migrated legacy applications to run inside of containers. All application servers are treated as ephemeral, and it's very trivial to swap in new servers to replace failing ones.
- Managed several databases totaling over 10TB of data in RDS for PostgreSQL. This also involved migrating data from MySQL and Mongo databases that were no longer meeting the needs of the application.
Director of Software Development2013 - 2017RowdMap
Technologies: HIPAA Compliance, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Docker, Python, Django
- Created and supported an analytical web application centered around healthcare.
- Implemented a dedicated internal management suite that also configured the client-facing platform.
- Provisioned and maintained servers as well as various other AWS services for the entire company.
- Designed servers and infrastructure to be HIPAA and NIST compliant in AWS GovCloud.
- Migrated our existing infrastructure to a much more maintainable Docker Swarm.
- Developed a scalable scraping platform for managing hundreds of scraping nodes at a time. Managed a team of scraper developers working with Python, Selenium, and Requests.
- Integrated support for SAML2 (SSO) into the client-facing platform. Managed client IDP onboarding.
Software Engineer2011 - 2016Funtown Splashtown USA
- Designed a self-maintained employee management website using PHP.
- Created an online scheduling module that allowed employees to check their schedule and receive text messages for shift reminders.
- Implemented a records center that saved employee details as well as position knowledge.
- Created an automatic position assignment generator based on employee schedules and knowledge.
- Designed several reports that aggregate large amounts of information into practical visuals.
App Developer2015 - 2015Funtown Splashtown USA
Technologies: MySQL, Django, Python, Java, Android, Swift, iOS
- Created a web portal for updating app/website information.
- Integrated Facebook and Twitter for easily posting announcements through multiple avenues.
- Designed an iOS app for devices of all sizes that lets users explore the park's information in a fun and graphical way.
- Created an Android app counterpart to the above iOS app.
- Created a park map feature that shows you where you are in the park using GPS.
- Added a feature that lets guests request songs when they are near the Thunderbolt ride.
- Designed an entire iPad app for the Thunderbolt that makes DJing easy for ride operators, and allows guests to request songs.