Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2019PhonePe
Technologies: Node.js, Java
- Developed the platform at PhonePe to allow third-party apps to be built into the core PhonePe app.
- Built services to enable the installation and updating of micro-apps.
- Contributed to in-house apps like Ola, Irctc, and Dominos.
- Built flows to enable the sharing of user information and payments via PhonePe.
- Led the team in terms of execution, planning, and streamlining engineering processes.
Senior Full-stack Engineer2016 - 2017Headout.com
Technologies: Spring, Kotlin, Java
- Developed seat level selection and booking for theater shows/events.
- Built tools to manage inventory at a seat level.
- Created documentation and external APIs for partners to use Headout's booking flow within their portals.
- Developed and refined the entire booking flow to remove old bugs and enable seat level bookings available for external partners.
- Created a unification for different user profiles into a single flow with support for different authentications.
Software Developer Engineer 22014 - 2016Flipkart
Technologies: Node.js, Java
- Realized the back end for the seller mobile app as a sole developer.
- Ensured a highly stable and performant codebase with an emphasis on security and backward compatibility.
- Built solutions to allow support to try out the app from a seller perspective. Thus allowing easier debugging and development process.
- Ensured API documentation via Swagger which facilitates easy access and visibility to the system.
- Initiated processes and guidelines on how to design APIs with versioning, backward compatibility and so on.
- Developed a live log appender which pipes the log amount in response to APIs—enabling quick debugging and diagnosis.
- Built a code generation tool that integrates well with the build, monitoring, and alert tools—thereby allowing building a new microservice to go to production in a couple of hours.
- Oversaw training sessions on Dropwizard, functional programming, and annotation processing.
R&D Engineer2011 - 2014Directi
- Established systems to allow visitor-ID creation to track users and sell traffic to AppNexus and AdSense.
- Developed Chrome and Firefox extensions for internal purposes, which facilitated access to a lot more information—bypassing Akamai, Varnish, and so on—and fetch the latest content.
- Built a Node.js module for a JSON API to return ads and search results.
- Constructed a C module for Node.js to handle symmetric encryption asynchronously.
- Set up a framework for scraping content from webpages and to display them on the results page.
- Developed tools for the internal teams to better manage the ad content being delivered.
- Implemented a heuristic based spam detection for ad clicks which takes into account the frequency and legitimacy of the traffic coming in.
- Taught a database course as part of a newcomer training program. This was an intense three-day workshop with in-depth fundamentals and hands-on exercises.