Verified Expert in Engineering
Maciej is an automation enthusiast who's borderline obsessed about efficiency. Along with his dedication to his craft, he possesses strong analytics and business-minded approach. As a manager and developer, he delivered projects ranging from small web apps to heavy computer vision-based solutions in healthcare, finance, eCommerce, and education.
Git, OS X, PyCharm
The most amazing...
...discovery I have made was learning about probability theory which shaped my career and my later view on programming and science.
- Cooperated closely with clients during a customer discovery phase, gathering business requirements and transforming them into dev, ML, and DS teams' objectives.
- Focused on identifying real business needs and translating them into specific actions. In addition, responsible for choosing the tech stack, designing road maps, and scoping work within the projects' budget and resources.
- Was responsible for scoping machine learning-based projects for the company's clients. Based on that work, over 25 projects were delivered as proof of concept of fully working production systems.
- Designed the architecture along with data pipelines of a web app (based on Django) that simplify tax settlement processes in Germany. The app used Computer Vision to reduce the time of a single statement preparation statement from 30 to 5 minutes.
- Planned the architecture and worked as a part of the development team that implemented the web ad auditing engine that could efficiently handle incoming traffic of over 6,000 requests per second.
- Worked as part of the team that implemented features for a large eCommerce website, including the coupons system, referrals program, and a home delivery system.
- Built and coached a team of developers and machine learning engineers. Designed career paths and evaluation processes that supported further growth of team members.
For Days, Inc
- Helped to move the eCommerce platform from legacy codebase to the modern frameworks and libraries such as Django and React.
- Proposed to stakeholders an off-the-shelf, Python-based solution for managing all back office activities. This way, we've met a deadline to launch a new platform version.
- Helped with a transition from a subscription-based business model to a one-time purchase business model collaborating with the team.
CTO, Back-end Developer
- Developed both back end and front end and maintained a web application for people with Type 1 diabetes that eases managing their disease; also integrated various data sources, such as devices, APIs, and so on.
- Created an application that was responsible for aggregating data from various fitness trackers, such as Jawbone and Fitbit, and based on the wavelet theory, I was able to detect some health-related patterns.
- Conducted over 100 interviews with customers to understand what are patients' real-life problems based on which team could decide on the next thing to implement.
- Delivered four MVPs, including one mobile application and a web platform. In addition to that, I was responsible for the creation of the R&D plan, connecting with various stakeholders, and scouting talents.
Nicolaus Copernicus University
- Coordinated a scientific grant that was awarded by the National Science Center.
- Created an algorithm for computing so-called tilted modules in certain algebraic structures.
- Conducted classes with students, particularly basics of algebra, logic, and first-order logic, which is the basis of SQL.
- Taught the Prolog programming language to students.
- Reviewed scientific papers to ensure publishers' criteria are met.
Sports Betting Tool
A Python-based app for automating sports bets.
A client wanted to create a product that would help him in automating the process of placing bets on multiple bookmakers' sites.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Translating business needs into technical designs
• Day-to-day coding activities that included architecture design, writing tests, and code, and integration with external services
• Managing technical debt.
• Created over 30 bots that could perform multiple actions,
• Automated over five business processes of a different complexity
• Introduced good coding standards.
Tax Settlement App
One of the things we were the proudest of was suggesting to the client a web-based person authentication tool - Onfido that, taking into account business context and law in Germany, was a novel idea allowing further automation of the whole process.
Education Platform for Entrepreneurs
A client was building a product that was a content-rich education platform for entrepreneurs living in rising markets, such as Vietnam and Cambodia. The client wanted to put a strong focus on high-quality video-based content
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Day-to-day coding activities that included architecture design, writing tests and code, and integration with the front-end application,
• Managing technical debt
• Gathering business requirements from all stakeholders
Mathematics, Architecture, Machine Learning, Software Architecture, Customer Discovery, CTO, APIs, Containerization, Algorithms, Web Scraping, Data Scraping, Web Development, Code Architecture, MLflow, Business Analysis, HAProxy, DNS, Gunicorn, Tesseract, API Integration, Multiprocessing, Full-stack, Front-end, Data Cleaning
Flask, Django, Selenium, Bootstrap, Angular, React Native
REST APIs, Stripe API, PayU API, SQLAlchemy, Flask-RESTful, Amazon Rekognition, jQuery, Jira REST API, Facebook API, React, Twilio API, Requests, PayPal API, SendGrid API, TensorFlow, Telegram Messenger API, Mypy, Stripe
RabbitMQ, LaTeX, NGINX, Jira, Bitbucket, Docker Compose, PyCharm, Maple, Confluence, Celery, Git, cURL Command Line Tool, Apache, GitHub, Ngrok, CircleCI, GitLab CI/CD, Mailchimp, ShipStation, AutoML
Agile, REST, Continuous Integration (CI), Management, Scrum, Unit Testing, Continuous Delivery (CD), Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Debian, OS X, AWS Lambda
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, JSON, MySQL, Redis, SQLite, Docker Cloud, Google Cloud
Ph.D. Degree in Mathematics
Nicolaus Copernicus University - Toruń, Poland
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring