CTO2015 - 2020DLabs
- Cooperated closely with clients during a customer discovery phase, gathering business requirements and transforming them into dev, ML, and DS teams' objectives.
- Focused on identifying real business needs and translating them into specific actions. In addition, responsible for choosing the tech stack, designing road maps, and scoping work within the projects' budget and resources.
- Was responsible for scoping machine learning-based projects for the company's clients. Based on that work, over 25 projects were delivered as proof of concept of fully working production systems.
- Designed the architecture along with data pipelines of a web app (based on Django) that simplify tax settlement processes in Germany. The app used Computer Vision to reduce the time of a single statement preparation statement from 30 to 5 minutes.
- Planned the architecture and worked as a part of the development team that implemented the web ad auditing engine that could efficiently handle incoming traffic of over 6,000 requests per second.
- Worked as part of the team that implemented features for a large eCommerce website, including the coupons system, referrals program, and a home delivery system.
- Built and coached a team of developers and machine learning engineers. Designed career paths and evaluation processes that supported further growth of team members.
Python Developer2018 - 2019For Days, Inc
- Helped to move the eCommerce platform from legacy codebase to the modern frameworks and libraries such as Django and React.
- Proposed to stakeholders an off-the-shelf, Python-based solution for managing all back office activities. This way, we've met a deadline to launch a new platform version.
- Helped with a transition from a subscription-based business model to a one-time purchase business model collaborating with the team.
CTO, Back-end Developer2013 - 2015Diabetes Lab
- Developed both back end and front end and maintained a web application for people with Type 1 diabetes that eases managing their disease; also integrated various data sources, such as devices, APIs, and so on.
- Created an application that was responsible for aggregating data from various fitness trackers, such as Jawbone and Fitbit, and based on the wavelet theory, I was able to detect some health-related patterns.
- Conducted over 100 interviews with customers to understand what are patients' real-life problems based on which team could decide on the next thing to implement.
- Delivered four MVPs, including one mobile application and a web platform. In addition to that, I was responsible for the creation of the R&D plan, connecting with various stakeholders, and scouting talents.
Researcher2012 - 2015Nicolaus Copernicus University
Technologies: LaTeX, TeX, Mathematics, PostgreSQL, PHP, Prolog, SQL, MySQL, Maple, Python, Algorithms
- Coordinated a scientific grant that was awarded by the National Science Center.
- Created an algorithm for computing so-called tilted modules in certain algebraic structures.
- Conducted classes with students, particularly basics of algebra, logic, and first-order logic, which is the basis of SQL.
- Taught the Prolog programming language to students.
- Reviewed scientific papers to ensure publishers' criteria are met.