SaaS Advisor and Consultant2007 - PRESENTAgile Reasoning
Technologies: SQL, Ruby, DevOps, System Architecture, Team Leadership, CTO
- Mentored first-time engineering leaders on both leadership and architecture.
- Provided DevOps consulting for eCommerce operation of personalized business greeting cards and calendars company.
- Developed custom software in various languages, including Ruby and SQL.
VP of Technology2018 - 2020Upper Hand
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Redis, AWS, PostgreSQL, DevOps, React, Digital Payments, SQL, Heroku, Ruby on Rails API
- Rearchitected scheduling engine at the heart of the application, using SQL functions for a dramatic improvement in performance, enabling retrieval of multiple months of availability in a single API request.
- Created data ingestion and transformation (ETL) process resulting in the ability to rapidly onboard new customers by consuming data extracts from our largest competitors.
- Led implementation of dual payment gateways, resulting in a reliable path for customers to transition to a new payment partner.
Director of Engineering2014 - 2016Springbuk
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), HIPAA Compliance, Chef, Sidekiq, Redis, SQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), AWS CloudFormation, AWS
- Built an Agile engineering team from scratch and grew the platform from proof of concept to nearly 500 employers representing 500,000 individuals.
- Led the transformation from proof of concept to production SaaS product.
- Architected a DevOps solution using Amazon CloudFormation, EC2, and Chef.
- Created a complex ETL solution using Ruby, Sidekiq, and SQL.
- Architected a security model to protect personal health information (PHI), ensuring the product and cloud environment met HIPAA security requirements.