Senior Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTKnack
- Participated in on-call rotations to support customers around the world and emergent issues.
- Refactored authentication system to handle authentication in a third-party context after browsers began restricting third-party cookies.
- Refactored a user-facing page to improve performance, dropping from 5 seconds to 300ms on average, by using a library to only render visible items.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2019Littlstar
- Designed, built, and championed near-real-time distributed data pipeline to reduce the time from logging to analysis from 24 hours to 5 minutes.
- Created and maintained engineering standards and practices with input from the team.
- Built and maintained a decentralized content distribution system that was used as a base for future projects.
- Refactored and maintained machine-learning recommendations engine.
Web Engineer2016 - 2017x.ai
- Helped maintain and develop new features for an internal quality control website.
- Took on a solo project of building out the payment API, using Stripe, along with customer-facing pages to take payment info and manage their subscription.
- Participated in a bug squash to focus on paying off tech debt.
Programmer2013 - 2015USGS-CEGIS
Technologies: Java 6, Python 3, Python 2, ArcGIS, GIS
- Developed an automated process for de-duplicating roads in a road network, to be used by the US Census.
- Created a pipeline script using bash, so I could automate a sequence of steps needed to be run on a large number of datasets.
- Worked with the in-house cluster to concurrently process data with scripts I had written.