Back-end Expert2020 - 2020Axa (Toptal)
Technologies: RESTful Microservices, Azure Cosmos DB, Spring 5, Azure, Java 11
- Developed microservices for a data ecosystem and engagement platform team using Spring Boot and Azure Cosmos DB.
- Developed starter projects to help speed up the creation of new microservices.
- Worked with Azure Cosmos DB (MongoDB flavor) and integrated with Azure OAuth API.
Freelance Developer2019 - 2020Netlok
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Ansible, Microservices, Eureka, Redis, MySQL, AWS, Angular, Spring Boot, Java
- Implemented OAuth Server to provide authentication as a service for Netlok's photo-based authentication system using Spring boot.
- Optimized the application to fetch photos from AWS S3 and improved the latency from over 30 seconds to under a second.
- Rearchitected the microservices and created Ansible and Terraform scripts to automate the infrastructure set-up.
Principal Software Engineer2018 - 2020sensemetrics
- Evaluated multiple OAuth providers and integrated sensemetrics platform with Auth0. Developed scripts to configure and maintain Auth0 setup across multiple environments in real time.
- Improved platform stability by fixing various memory leaks, latency issues, and optimizing thread pools, resulting in minimizing the intermittent restarts of the production servers.
- Automated application deployment with Ansible and Jenkins for continuous delivery. Created Terraform scripts to automate the AWS infrastructure set up.
- Developed a reactive-stack web application with Spring Boot Webflux to send sensor data from third-party systems to the sensemetrics platform.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018Sony Playstation
Technologies: REST, Akka Streams, Akka, Java
- Created a workflow manager framework following Reactive principles using Akka and Akka Streams to handle high volume transactions.
- Developed a voucher generation REST service using the workflow manager framework that can generate and store up to 3 million vouchers per hour in an Oracle database.
- Handled code reviews for pull reviews in the data team repositories created by multiple teams.
Lead Software Developer2015 - 2017Tillster
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Memcached, Linux, MySQL, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, RabbitMQ, Jersey, Spring, Java 8
- Led the development of Tillster Digital Ordering Platform, offering a way to place orders with multiple restaurant point of sale systems through online and mobile applications.
- Evaluated and introduced RabbitMQ to scale and streamline the communication between the Tillster Platform and 6,000 store POS systems.
- Migrated the legacy C++/COM application to Java using COM4j to improve the application maintenance and scalability.
- Developed an API to integrate with multiple third-party APIs for users to login (Facebook, Paypal) and process payments.
Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2015SDGE
Technologies: C#, MySQL, Apache Tomcat, REST, Spring, Java
- Led and successfully delivered the Meter Data Management application using Spring MVC, Hibernate, and MySQL following Agile. Participated in estimation, sprint and release planning.
- Refactored the existing call center application and improved the application scalability and maintainability and shortened the release timelines.
- Developed a configurable Data Translation API for EDI formatted data exchanged between SGDE and other energy partner companies. Designed to support different formats with XML configuration to reduce the integration time for new EDI formats.