DevOps2019 - PRESENTPlaystation
Technologies: Akamai, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Datadog, Docker, CI/CD Pipelines, Amazon EKS
- Maintained and configured Akamai CDN properties and storage systems.
- Created a Jenkins setup that could easily be reproduced with SAML and LDAP authentication and infrastructure as code with CloudFormation. Packer and Ansible were used to fully automate the deployment process.
- Migrated several applications to Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS). Created dynamic and temporary environments to deploy the application using Spinnaker.
- Collaborated with a team that developed engineering tools for developers to work seamlessly with the Kubernetes clusters. Produced generic and reusable Terraform modules to be used across the globe for several departments and logical organizations.
DevOps2018 - 2020The Walt Disney Company
Technologies: Jenkins, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, Docker, Helm, Amazon EKS, Kubernetes
- Migrated about 130 services to EKS to use Kubernetes as the orchestration system.
- Developed the CI/CD systems to build and deploy the applications to EKS.
- Assisted with render farms with a custom orchestration application to allow rendering in AWS.
- Managed a large-scale migration of applications from one VPC to another as part of the Direct Connect vendor change.
- Managed Kubernetes RBAC and AWS IAM permissions for several clusters and accounts.
- Oversaw internal audit compliance on AWS accounts.
- Managed vendors to create a mini data center and ensure research scientists had proper access and knowledge to operate the machinery.
Developer/DevOps2017 - 2018Dun & Bradstreet
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Go, AWS, Jenkins, Jenkins Job DSL, Docker, PHP
- Developed new features and maintained the old for the main API connecting to the database in PHP.
- Migrated the application from a single PHP server to an AMI-based autoscaling group with load balancing in AWS.
- Upgraded the AMIs from PHP 5.4 to PHP 5.6 with patched DbLib for compatibility.
- Set up an API gateway with Golang Lambda and DynamoDB to redirect traffic from a legacy domain with SEO rankings to a new one, using terraform and troposphere/boto3.
- Migrated the CDN system from Edgecast to CloudFront with readOnly and fullAccess IAM group configurations through Troposphere.
- Dockerized different applications for easy replication between developer machines.
Developer2016 - 2017Montrose Travel, Inc./CTM North America
- Gathered business requirements and created technical requirements.
- Created the Doctrine ORM relationships and the Entities for the front-end Laravel application.
- Created functional tests to test the complex application functionality.
- Introduced front-end package management using NPM and Webpack.
- Coded with Bash and Bash scripts on a day-to-day bases.
- Created a fully automated database updater that downloads zip files from a remote server, parses them to a MySQL database, and runs a series of checks to validate the integrity of the data without downtime.
- Designed and developed a payment page in React, using dynamic currency converters. Users can use "Miles" or "Points" to purchase travel packages.
Developer/Designer2013 - 2016Apartment Owners Association
- Created the website using the full-stack Symphony 2.8. Users can create an account with a very simple UI to enter the vacant units available to tenants and upload pictures of the units.
- Developed a system where seminar registrations could be completed through a mobile-friendly form. The administrator creates the seminar events and the system displays them to the user to sign up.
- Developed the Contractors and Vendors Directory using WordPress.
- Delivered a forms order app with integration to Quickbooks and Shipstation.
- Cloned the main membership application, which is a very old Perl app and resides on multiple servers, into a local development environment for testing and patching.
- Assisted in securing applications to pass the PCI DSS and EI3PA compliance audits.