CTO2016 - PRESENTDigitalMR
Technologies: NLTK, Scikit-learn, Django, Python
- Brought the culture of proper software engineering practice (testing, continuous integration, code review).
- Grew the technology team from two to six people with a very limited budget.
- Released the first beta of a new version of the product 9-10 weeks after joining the company.
- Successfully managed the implementation of the company's research and development grants (worth 450k GBP).
Production Group Member2013 - 2016Edgestream Partners
- Programmed various simulations and reports processing petabyte-sized stock data (Python, NumPy, Matplotlib).
- Improved the in-house job DAG workflow scheduling and processing system (Python, Twisted).
- Designed and developed a trading monitoring and alerting system (Python, Twisted).
- Developed and improved various components of the trading system (Python, Cython, Twisted, C++).
- Developed new high-performance, market-data-feed services (Cython, Twisted).
Research Assistant2008 - 2012University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Technologies: Matplotlib, SciPy, NumPy, Python, C++, Java
- Wrote high-performance, distributed (on a grid), numerical computations (Java and C++).
- Wrote biological genomic data processing tools (Python, Biopython, NumPy, SciPy, Sklearn).
- Wrote a web front-end for the biological tools (Python, CGI, Perl).
- Created 2D and 3D publication quality graphics and movies illustrating simulated phenomena (Python, Matplotlib, Java, Povray).
- Created interactive simulations with a GUI for changing simulation parameters (Java + Swing).