- Infrastructure Architect and AdviserMotorola Solutions2017 - PRESENT
Technologies: AWS Stack
- Reviewed existing infrastructure and prepared recommendations to optimize cost efficiency without reducing functionality. After implementing it, the company managed to save over USD $150,000 for the first year on the pilot chunk of infrastructure.
- Senior DevOps EngineerZillow.com2016 - 2017
Technologies: AWS, Terraform, Packer, Chef, Shell, Python
- Migrated the whole infrastructure for one of Zillow departments from RightScale to Terraform+Packer, thus implementing the infrastructure-as-a-code paradigm.
- Introduced to developers and implemented Vault + Consul technologies to store server credentials securely.
- Senior Site Reliability EngineerUdemy2015 - 2016
Technologies: Linux, NewRelic, DatadogHQ, Neptune, MySQL, AWS, Docker, CircleCI, Jenkins, uWSGI, Django, Celery, RabbitMQ, Hadoop, Ansible, ElasticSearch, HAProxy, Nginx, Twemproxy, Supervisord
- Grew the infrastructure out of one physical datacenter.
- Configured direct physical connections between the physical datacenter and AWS through DirectLink.
- Initiated full infrastructure orchestration and wrote 88k lines of Ansible playbooks.
- Got 21 developers involved in contributing to the repo within a year after finishing the initial Ansible provisioning.
- Built a Docker testing environment for Ansible playbooks.
- Senior Systems EngineerTelly.com2009 - 2015
Technologies: Linux, AWS EC2, CloudFront, SQS, SNS, SES, S3, Route53, IAM, RightScale, Ansible, Memcached, Redis, MongoDB, MySQL, Nginx, HAProxy, Keepalived, PHP-FPM
- Designed and implemented the core infrastructure that runs on up to 80 hardware CentOS servers and on-demand AWS resources with up to 500 instances.
- Provided system administration for the database, which was over 7TB in size with total caching of 2TB+. MongoDB's team claimed that we were the biggest client for their online backup solution.
- Developed the system to be fault-tolerant. During a major datacenter failure (40% of all servers offline), the website stayed online through incoming traffic topping 1000 Mbps. It has since scaled up to 40 million monthly visitors, with 25k connections/second during peak load.
- Systems EngineerRemote consulting [cloudadmin.info]2009 - 2011
Technologies: AWS Stack
- Completed over 50 projects.
- Logged 6,000 total working hours with an overall feedback rating of 4.91 of 5 stars.
- Ranked number one Unix administrator, number one Amazon programmer, and number four Linux developer.
- Built a high-load site iplt20.com for the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- Worked with the core team of ModX CMS.
- Analyzed partners' server templates and approving their qualification to join RightScale's server template library.