Principal Engineer2014 - PRESENTVend
- Technical lead for the next-generation reporting feature for retailers to better understand their business data.
- Implemented Docker containers for continuous integration.
- Implemented seamless migration strategy to a BCrypt password hashing algorithm.
- Contributed to the Java API service that reduced API response times for large calls from multiple tens of seconds to tens of milliseconds.
- Architected an Elasticsearch cluster for real-time bucketing and aggregation of sales and payment data.
Founder2013 - PRESENTApostle.io
- Responsible for the entire product from development and operations to support and business management.
- Implemented a highly scalable queue-based system for receiving, processing, and delivering emails to delivery providers that has handled tens of millions of emails.
- Implement best practice API, with OAuth Bearer Tokens, for consumption by the Angular Front-end and third-party integrators.
- Implemented an Angular Front-end for management of email templates, delivery analytics, email insights, and account management.
- Created a small decoupled "microservice" architecture for important features to avoid high maintenance costs and/or decreased performance of the main application.
- Implemented payments with Stripe.
- Created tooling for application-level replication of Postgres for zero downtime migration from a "locked in" Postgres provider.
Senior Web Developer2009 - 2014SitePoint
- Member of the team that built learnable.com, I was responsible for the Course Builder component that allowed instructors to generate their own courses (comprising of video, articles, and file downloads).
- Built the reporting infrastructure for author royalties from both traditional eCommerce sales and subscription-based revenue apportioning.
- Built a metrics system responsible for targeted advertisements on landing pages based on page content, referrer queries (Google etc.) and custom weightings.
- Maintained legacy eCommerce and email campaign tools.
- Built a screenshot API that returns screenshots of webpages from various devices utilizing Selenium Grid, EC2, and a custom Ruby on Rails application.