DevOps Engineer2021 - 2021ArrAy
Technologies: Google Cloud, Terraform, AWS, Terragrunt, GitLab, GitHub, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Kubernetes
- Migrated the infrastructure from AWS to GCP via Terraform templates.
- Worked with Terragrunt to manage the Terraform templates and created a staging and production environment.
- Created a Google-managed SSL certificate using Terraform templates.
- Architected Terraform templates to provision the resources in GCP. Provisioned the services such as cloud storage, Cloud SQL, GKE, compute engine, and log metrics, among others.
- Set up alerting and monitoring using Stackdriver in GCP using Terraform templates. Created custom log metrics using Stackdriver logging and created charts and alerts using the custom log metrics.
- Used GitLab and GitHub as a source code repository and created the CI/CD pipeline for the deployments in AWS and GCP.
- Set up Terraform to automate the creation of GKE Kubernetes cluster in Google Cloud with the best security standards.
- Set up GCP Firewall rules in order to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration.
- Used Terraform and created projects, VPC's, subnetwork's, and GKE clusters for environments.
- Created dynamic routing/load balancing capability enabling large application scaling; used Ingress rules and Ingress controllers.
DevOps Expert2021 - 2021Sun Nuclear
Technologies: Git Hub actions, YAML, AWS, GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Docker, Node.js, Python
- Worked with GitHub Actions for continuous integration and continuous deployment process. Responsible for creating the actions and workflows for the git repository for continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Created the cloud formation templates to create various resources in the AWS through the workflow. The cloud formation stacks are also created through GitHub actions. Auto destroys the cloud formation stacks on the deletion of a branch in GitHub.
- Managed CI/CD pipelines using Github Workflows and Actions. Triggered the workflows on different events like push, pull, delete, schedule, and workflow dispatch, which is used to provide the input values by the user.
- Worked with the workflow distributor to distribute the workflow between the repositories. This would run the workflow on a scheduled time and update the workflows in different repositories.
- Used third-party actions from GitHub marketplace in the workflow. Workflow triggers different events of a repository to process a new build of our application.
- Performed continuous build, continuous deploy, and test jobs using git actions.
- Used Docker images and deployed the application in the Docker container through CI/CD using workflows in GitHub Actions.
AWS-Cloud Formation2020 - 2021Syngenta
- Developed the cloud formation scripts to provision all the services by using the cloud factory application, this is an application that is similar to Amazon console that the client is developing.
- Migrated all the services to cloud factory UI using Cloud formation templates. Then the customer can provision the cloud services from there.
- Worked in the AWS MALZ environment (multi-account landing zone), a centralized shared service to eliminate costs, A preconfigured network to interconnect multiple Amazon virtual private clouds, on-premises, AMS operators, and the internet.
- Automated workflows to quickly provision new accounts, also known as an account vending machine. Cross-account logging and monitoring to facilitate audits, diagnostics, and analytics. Governance rules for security, operations, and compliance.
- Provisioned more than 30 services using the cloud formation and integrating those scripts into the cloud factory UI. Used GitHub to push the code to code commit and run the build process.
- Created product files in the service catalog using cloud formation. The service catalog maintains the version of the code, and we can roll back if there is any code failure.
DevOps/Back-end Developer2020 - 2020Client (via Toptal)
- Created an application that handles the financial data and stores the purchase receipts to DynamoDB and Amazon RDS. Based on the client's request, the data is sent back to the client based on the requested data.
- Triggered a Lambda function with API gateway, DynamoDB, S3 SQS, and SNS. Wrote Lambda functions in Node.js and Python.
- Created CloudFormation templates for different environments (DEV/stage/prod) to automate infrastructure (ELB, CloudWatch alarms, ASGs, SNS, RDS, etc.) with the click of a button.
- Provided the security to API Gateway with AWS Cognito. Configured and managed AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS) and Simple Queue Service (SQS).
- Managed cryptographic keys and controlled the user to access the various platforms with Amazon KMS.
- Created a Lambda Deployment function, and configured it to receive and store events from your S3 bucket.
- Installed, configured, and managed RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as DynamoDB.
- Implemented a serverless architecture using API Gateway, Lambda, and DynamoDB and deployed AWS Lambda code from Amazon S3 buckets.
- Worked on Amazon RDS Multi-AZ for automatic failover and high availability at the database tier for MySQL workloads.
Senior Cloud Engineer2017 - 2020CITIBANK
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Python, Bash Scripting, Shell Scripting, AWS, Express.js, Node.js
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing autoscaling, elastic load balancing, and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments.
- Built AWS infrastructure resources, load balancers (ELBs), VPC EC2, S3, IAM, importing volumes, EBS, security group, auto-scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation templates.
- Migrated an existing on-premises application to AWS. Used AWS services like EC2 and S3 for small data set processing and storage. Maintained the Hadoop cluster on AWS EMR.
- Set up a continuous integration environment using Jenkins for building jobs and to push the artifacts into an Artifactory repository on successful builds.
- Added a multi-factor authentication (MFA) to protect the user identity and validated the sign in details. Created user pools to maintain the user directory using Amazon Cognito. Customized workflows and user migration through AWS Lambda triggers.
- Automated the download process with Shell scripting from AWS S3 bucket. Worked with EMR and set up the Hadoop environment in AWS EC2 instances.
- Created AWS CloudWatch alarms to monitor the performance environment instances for operational and performance metrics during load testing.
- Provided 24x7 on-call support to all other engineering, administration, development, and application support teams.
- Created automated scripts that will build, configure, deploy, and test applications deployed to different environments; maintained, supported, and enhanced the continuous integration environment.
- Assisted an automation scripting and execution framework design and development using Selenium WebDriver. Analyzed test requirements and automation feasibility. Used JUnit and TestNG controllers for data extraction and generation of proper reports.
DevOps Engineer2015 - 2017T. ROWE PRICE
Technologies: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Nginx, Amazon Route 53, AWS CloudTrail, AWS CloudWatch, Terraform
- Implemented and supported monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage via AWS CloudWatch.
- Maintained and expanded AWS (Cloud Services) infrastructure using AWS Stack.
- Automated provisioning and maintained a large number of servers on AWS instances. Experienced in cloud migration to AWS. Involved in the planning, implementation, and growth of our infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Created complete CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
- Configured networking concepts DNS, NFS, and DHCP, troubleshooting network problems such as TCP/IP.
- Maintained, updated, and configured all Windows and Linux servers to ensure 24/7 uptime.
- Built and maintained Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, Git, and Docker on AWS.
- Built, maintained, and scaled the infrastructure for production, QA, and development environments.
- Implemented a cloud infrastructure with full automation and created the first regulated exchange production disaster recovery in the cloud on Amazon’s AWS platform.
- Secured an EMR launcher with custom spark-submit steps using S3 Event, SNS, KMS, and Lambda function. Executed Hadoop/Spark jobs on AWS EMR using programs and data stored in S3 Buckets.
Software Developer2013 - 2014CONTINENTAL HOSPITAL
Technologies: AWS DynamoDB, MySQL, Servlets, Microsoft SQL Server, Vue.js, Windows, Linux, YAML, JSON, jQuery, Java
- Worked with the Serverless framework. Involved in gathering the requirements from the stakeholders.
- Developed ad-hoc reports and worked with RESTful APIs.
- Handled the deployment, scaling, and performance of our applications through their entire lifecycle from development to production.
- Created a migration road map and CI/CD delivery processes to convert the application from a monolithic to microservices architecture.
- Developed an SMTP protocol and servlets for securing the application.
- Created and managed various development, build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- Implemented Autosys for scheduling the ETL, Java, WebLogic, and PL/SQL jobs.
- Performed regular updates and installation of patches using RPM and YUM.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts to pull the data from the APIs.
- Delivered scalable, resilient, and automated builds in a cloud environment using Cloudformation, Ansible, and Jenkins for high-quality data pipelines.