DevOps/Back-end Developer2020 - PRESENTClient (via Toptal)
- Created an application that handles the financial data and stores the purchase receipts to DynamoDB and Amazon RDS. Based on the client's request, the data is sent back to the client based on the requested data.
- Triggered a Lambda function with API gateway, DynamoDB, S3 SQS, and SNS. Wrote Lambda functions in Node.js and Python.
- Created CloudFormation templates for different environments (DEV/stage/prod) to automate infrastructure (ELB, CloudWatch alarms, ASGs, SNS, RDS, etc.) on the click of a button.
- Provided the security to API Gateway with AWS Cognito. Configured and managed AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS) and Simple Queue Service (SQS).
- Managed cryptographic keys and controlled the user to access the various platforms with Amazon KMS.
- Created a Lambda Deployment function, and configured it to receive and store events from your S3 bucket.
- Installed, configured, and managed RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as DynamoDB.
- Implemented a serverless architecture using API Gateway, Lambda, and DynamoDB and deployed AWS Lambda code from Amazon S3 buckets.
- Worked on Amazon RDS Multi-AZ for automatic failover and high availability at the database tier for MySQL workloads.
Senior Cloud Engineer2017 - 2020CITIBANK
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Python, Bash Scripting, Shell Scripting, AWS, Express.js, Node.js
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing autoscaling, elastic load balancing, and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments.
- Built AWS infrastructure resources, load balancers (ELBs), VPC EC2, S3, IAM, importing volumes, EBS, security group, auto-scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation templates.
- Migrated an existing on-premises application to AWS. Used AWS services like EC2 and S3 for small data set processing and storage. Maintained the Hadoop cluster on AWS EMR.
- Set up a continuous integration environment using Jenkins for building jobs and to push the artifacts into an Artifactory repository on successful builds.
- Added a multi-factor authentication (MFA) to protect the user identity and validated the sign in details. Created user pools to maintain the user directory using Amazon Cognito. Customized workflows and user migration through AWS Lambda triggers.
- Automated the download process with Shell scripting from AWS S3 bucket. Worked with EMR and set up the Hadoop environment in AWS EC2 instances.
- Created AWS CloudWatch alarms to monitor the performance environment instances for operational and performance metrics during load testing.
- Provided 24x7 on-call support to all other engineering, administration, development, and application support teams.
- Created automated scripts that will build, configure, deploy, and test applications deployed to different environments; maintained, supported, and enhanced the continuous integration environment.
- Assisted an automation scripting and execution framework design and development using Selenium WebDriver. Analyzed test requirements and automation feasibility. Used JUnit and TestNG controllers for data extraction and generation of proper reports.
DevOps Engineer2015 - 2017T. ROWE PRICE
Technologies: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Nginx, Amazon Route 53, AWS CloudTrail, AWS CloudWatch, Terraform
- Implemented and supported monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage via AWS CloudWatch.
- Maintained and expanded AWS (Cloud Services) infrastructure using AWS Stack.
- Automated provisioning and maintained a large number of servers on AWS instances. Experienced in cloud migration to AWS. Involved in the planning, implementation, and growth of our infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Created complete CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
- Configured networking concepts DNS, NFS, and DHCP, troubleshooting network problems such as TCP/IP.
- Maintained, updated, and configured all Windows and Linux servers to ensure 24/7 uptime.
- Built and maintained Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, Git, and Docker on AWS.
- Built, maintained, and scaled the infrastructure for production, QA, and development environments.
- Implemented a cloud infrastructure with full automation and created the first regulated exchange production disaster recovery in the cloud on Amazon’s AWS platform.
- Secured an EMR launcher with custom spark-submit steps using S3 Event, SNS, KMS, and Lambda function. Executed Hadoop/Spark jobs on AWS EMR using programs and data stored in S3 Buckets.
Software Developer2013 - 2014CONTINENTAL HOSPITAL
Technologies: AWS DynamoDB, MySQL, Servlets, Microsoft SQL Server, Vue.js, Windows, Linux, YAML, JSON, jQuery, Java
- Worked with the Serverless framework. Involved in gathering the requirements from the stakeholders.
- Developed ad-hoc reports and worked with RESTful APIs.
- Handled the deployment, scaling, and performance of our applications through their entire lifecycle from development to production.
- Created a migration road map and CI/CD delivery processes to convert the application from a monolithic to microservices architecture.
- Developed an SMTP protocol and servlets for securing the application.
- Created and managed various development, build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- Implemented Autosys for scheduling the ETL, Java, WebLogic, and PL/SQL jobs.
- Performed regular updates and installation of patches using RPM and YUM.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts to pull the data from the APIs.
- Delivered scalable, resilient, and automated builds in a cloud environment using Cloudformation, Ansible, and Jenkins for high-quality data pipelines.