Lead Software Engineer2018 - 2020Loftium
- Joined the startup as a founding engineer and built two services in Ruby on Rails, which helped the company to raise Series A and grow the company from 6 people to 50+ people.
- Hired, mentored, and provided technical direction and leadership to the engineers.
- Built a service to monitor Airbnb activities consuming Airbnb's API, which helped boost the company's revenue.
- Built API authentication system using JWT, authorization, and user policy management.
- Dockerized a Rails application.
- Implemented service-level communication using SQS and SNS.
- Built the entire infrastructure of the engineering leveraging Heroku, PostgreSQL, REST API, CircleCI, Datadog, ScoutAPM, AWS, GitHub, Jira, Metabase, etc.
- Upgraded two Rails 5 applications to Rails 6.
Technical Lead2013 - 2018Agrian
- Converted a monolithic app into microservices.
- Created a REST API for two services.
- Owned and integrated two back-end Rails services to front-end using EmberJS framework.
- Led a team of nine developers and conducted sprint planning for the team.
- Built and maintained the architecture of two back-end services.
Software Engineer2011 - 2013Sparkon
- Built the initial MVP web app in Ruby on Rails.
- Managed a team of nine developers and ran sprint planning for the team.
- Built the architecture for the entire application.
- Built an admin tool to perform admin-related tasks.
- Set up the integration build tool using TeamCity.
Software Developer2011 - 2011CloudFactory
- Designed and implemented a Ruby Gem API wrapper for CloudFactory.
- Learned TDD and BDD testing and implemented in the API wrapper gem.