Test Automation Architect and Developer
Manish is an accomplished test automation architect adept at designing and developing scalable automation frameworks for a wide range of applications, including web, mobile, and RESTful APIs. In addition to his automation expertise, Manish has a passion for building and managing teams, having honed his leadership skills since 2018. He also serves as a release orchestrator, ensuring that the products he works on are successful and meet the needs of end users.
ExperienceJava - 10 yearsSelenium - 9 yearsQA Test Plan Management - 8 yearsCucumber - 7 yearsAppium - 7 yearsREST Assured - 6 yearsRelease Management - 5 yearsLocust - 4 years
Postman, BrowserStack, Appium, Locust, Selenium, REST Assured, Jira Administration, Maestro Cloud, Docker
The most amazing...
...achievement I've had was introducing efficient and optimized automation in my last organization that cut down the release cycle time by 60%.
Automation Architect and Dev Advocate
- Grew a community of Maestro users by 10X. Automated the Facebook onboarding flow using Maestro in 15 minutes.
- Wrote articles around Maestro installation for a Windows environment and example automation flows.
- Helped teams across continents to get up and running with Maestro and their applications.
- Developed a back-end automation framework which increased the reliability of our back-end services and cut down the release time.
- Implemented the correct usage of Jira. Incorporated the use of epics, dashboards, and release management using Jira.
- Orchestrated and managed releases. Took care of approvals and made sure that every stakeholder was properly aligned.
- Managed and trained a team on automation and delivery management.
Engineering Manager Quality
- Developed app automation and implemented test cases to have coverage of 90+% of user flows. I cut down the release time by 60%.
- Worked on the proper reporting and tracking of issues using Jira dashboards.
- Managed timely release of driver apps and took care of managing bug busting and debugging.
Lead Quality Engineer
- Managed back-end releases using automation. Helped the team to increase their code quality by early feedback.
- Created back-end automation framework for all the modules in the company.
- Managed and trained team on automation. Also helped in hiring the complete QA team.
Software Development Engineer in Test - L2
- Developed back-end automation framework for OlaShare pricing team. I delivered releases through CI/CD with integrated test cases.
- Helped the team with real-time feedback on code changes and regression impacts.
- Managed GST addition in OlaShare billing and helped the team to seamlessly deliver the massive release in stipulated time with zero defects.
Test Lead in Automation
Newnet Communication Technologies
- Developed an iOS automation framework when the Appium desktop support for iOS 9 was not officially added. In addition, I helped the team to fastback the release of feature enhancements.
- Scripted manual cases in the automation framework to get exhaustive coverage.
- Trained team on automation basics and onboarded them.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
- Worked with three different clients during my tenure and helped them to get started with automation setup.
- Created frameworks for app and back-end automation.
- Onboarded and trained the team to get started with automation.
- Understood requirements from the team and wrote test scenarios with 95+% coverage.
- Automated web UI tests and took part in release testing.
- Took care of bug reporting and got them resolved. I also managed the status updates to stakeholders.
- Learned the basics of testing, STLC, SDLC, and bug lifecycle pretty quickly. I also got my first project after the first month of training.
- Helped improve software quality by logging plenty of bugs.
- Provided status updates and reported to respective managers.
Virtual Doctors (Toptal Client)
I was the technical lead and QA for the development team.
Reward Gateway (Toptal Client)
As an automation architect and engineering manager for a quality team, I took care of developing app automation from scratch and helped the team to achieve 90+% coverage of test cases. This helped the business to have a release cycle reduced by 60% and also parallel automation helped us to reduce device-specific issues.
This app impacts directly consumers and the quality of the app literally translates into business success.
As a lead quality engineer for this product, I made sure that the quality of the app remains top-notch and release cycles are reduced.
Automated deliveries, training the team, and voicing out ideas for business success were my key achievements.
Early feedback to developers helped the product to evolve and mature.
We took care of dynamic pricing of the rides and helped businesses achieve profit.
As an automation engineer, I contributed to 100% automated releases where once the back-end code was pushed to the QA server, the same was tested on GitLab Pipeline and automatically promoted to the next environment if everything passed.
I helped the team to automate all the manual cases for the iOS version of the app and ran the same test for iPhone as well as iPad of multiple generations on Jenkins to make sure the quality of the app is top-notch.
I also helped with defect reporting found during automation. The product was further acquired by Axway.
This was complete back-end automation and I created a suite of around 370 test cases to ramp up our coverage.
I was a part of the functional team that tested the mobile apps. For the web version of this application, I used Selenium which gave us a faster release cycle for web chat.
This was further taken down as the business was not able to commercialize it successfully.
Appium, Selenium, Cypress, TestNG, JUnit, Locust, XCUITest
REST APIs, Newman
IntelliJ, Postman, Jira, REST Assured, Cucumber, TestRail, Apache Maven, Git, CircleCI, Gradle, BrowserStack, IntelliJ IDEA, Jenkins, Sentry, Katalon, Katalon Studio, GitLab CI/CD, Calabash, WireMock, Apache JMeter, Gutenberg Editor
Functional Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Manual Testing, Automated Testing, Test Automation, Testing, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), E2E Testing, Agile, Agile Project Management
Web, Mobile, Android, iOS, WordPress, Linux, Magento, Magento Enterprise, Docker
UI Automation, REST API Automation, Web App Automation, Manual QA, Quality Assurance (QA), QA Automation, QA Testing, Website QA, Test Planning, QA Test Plan Management, Testing Strategy, UI Testing, Test Case Development, Test Case Creation, Test Case Execution, Test Cases, Enterprise SaaS, Mobile Device QA Automation, Release Management, Delivery Management, Mobile App Testing, Automated UI Testing, Black Box Development, Black Box Testing, API Testing, Mobile Apps, Mobile Applications, Mobile UI, Leading Quality Assurance (LQA), Integration Testing, QA Leadership, Content Management Systems (CMS), Client-side, User Flows, Integration, eCommerce UX, Web App Testing, iTerm2, Reporting, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Firmware, White Box Testing, Bug Triage, Visual Regression Testing, Regression Testing, ISTQB, CI/CD Pipelines, Client Management, Jira Administration
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Anna University - India
Senior Secondary in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
St. Xavier's College - Ranchi, IN