SaaS Ops Chief Architect2018 - 2019An Online Freelance Agency
Technologies: Docker, Ansible, AWS, Python
- Oversaw the uptime of multiple products.
- Spearheaded and managed changes.AWS and Kubernetes.
- Monitored and alerted applications using Zabbix.
- Worked with Docker images and deployments.
- Deployed CD pipelines using Ansible.
- Wrote multiple Bash/Python scripts.
- Used Jira for task management.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer2017 - 2018Belzabar Software Pvt. Ltd
Technologies: AWS, Ansible, Docker, Python, OpenVPN, GitLab
- Implemented OpenVPN (routed) to connect all managed locations with failovers using Corosync/Pacemaker.
- Performed a GitLab continuous integration using Docker.
- Completed a GitLab continuous integration using the AWS Platform.
- Set up authentication with Samba 4.
- Established an Ansible setup for CI/CD.
Chief Architect2016 - 2017Nehra Consultancy Services
Technologies: OpenNebula, KVM, SaltStack, GitLab
- Created an auto-scaling product.
- Scaled a new product using OpenNebula autoscaling to and built the setup from scratch.
- Implemented Tally on a cloud setup for OpenNebula.
Manager – Systems (Server Support)2015 - 2016Tolexo Online Pvt. Ltd
Technologies: Samba 4, Bash, SaltStack, OpenVPN, Python, ownCloud, Zabbix
- Provided server support for a Linux operating system.
- Supported an application (Nginx, PHP, FPM, Go, Node.js).
- Provided database support for applications.
- Implemented Zabbix to monitor all of the servers along with Grafana and Datadog.
- Used Samba 4 for central authentication/SSO.
- Implemented SaltStack for configuration management.
- Built an environment as well as cloud-based internal storage (using ownCloud).
- Wrote scripts to manage LDAP (Perl) and integrated Zabbix and LDAP; also created deployment scripts (Bash) for live/QA deployments.
- Created a VPN network to integrate all production environments together and make single point monitoring possible.
- Administered trouble ticketing using request tracker and documentation program called Foswiki (Markdown).
Senior Systems Administrator2014 - 2015Lazada.com
Technologies: LDAP, Perl, Bare Metal, Mcrouter, OpenVPN, Zabbix
- Supported a Linux operating system on servers; also provided Nginx and database support for applications.
- Monitored all of the servers and various custom parameters using Zabbix.
- Implemented an LDAP central directory for authentication and authorization.
- Composed scripts to manage LDAP (Perl) and integrate Zabbix and LDAP.
- Implemented Mcrouter and conducted testing for various setups.
- Used Puppet for configuration management and development environment setup scripts.
- Developed a VPN network to integrate all production environments together and make single-point monitoring possible.
Systems Administrator2011 - 2014Freelance Work
Technologies: Bacula, pfSense, OpenLDAP, Kerberos, Samba 4, MySQL, Pacemaker, Corosync, Bind, Isc-DHCP, Nagios, Cacti
- Chose and implemented Bacula for central authentication and the streamlining of backups.
- Set up single sign-on testing using OpenLDAP and Kerberos.
- Enabled single sign-ons by using Samba 4.
- Enabled master-master replication between MySQL servers.
- Set up LDAP and Kerberos for clients (Linux).
- Implemented Cacti and Nagios monitoring.
- Set up Bind and DHCPD with automatic updates and bind replication and a DHCP peer setup.
Senior Systems Engineer2008 - 2011Yahoo R&D Centre India Pvt. Ltd
Technologies: Nagios, Yahoo, Linux
- Resolved tickets related to Yahoo, media delivery within TAT.
- Worked with team members in defining requirements of tools developed by operations.
- Facilitated and coordinated tasks between different teams (development, QA, operations); focused on operating-system-related issues.
- Coordinated with developers for application-related issues in production hosts.
- Implemented change management procedures for configuration changes.
- Monitored servers/groups for errors and preemptively checked errors and fixed problems.
- Used Nagios/MRTG to monitor hosts and set up/maintained application jails.
Systems Administrator2007 - 2008Freelance Work
Technologies: LDAP, OpenBSD PF, Active Directory
- Provided infrastructure support for local and remote servers; worked with Apache/MySQL servers.
- Implemented load balancing over multiple ISPs (3) using OpenBSD.
- Replaced the firewall for Linux on OpenBSD.
- Used Cacti for monitoring along with Zabbix for data collection.
System and Network Manager2007 - 2007Solutions R&D Lab (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Technologies: iptables, SVN, Postfix, MySQL, Bacula, Bind, Active Directory
- Built and managed a team of information systems personnel to administer to computers, networks, and information systems and to provide Infrastructure support for local and remote servers; also recruited computer engineers and monitored their training.
- Monitored the budget and expenditures of the department.
- Planned and executed network security policies for the use of electronic and other infrastructure within the organization.
- Developed software policies for the movement of data within the organization with respect to the code.
- Managed vendors.
- Set up the firewall (iptables), mail server (Postfix), and remotely hosted mail.
- Successfully set up and maintained TRAC for project management, a wiki for collaboration, and RT for client issues.
- Imparted training to users on the usage of TRAC; also created and managed Perl scripts to modify TRAC configuration and subversion.