Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2021
Technologies: Android, A/B Testing, Management, Career Coaching, Leadership, DEI (Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion), Java, Web Development, Angular, MySQL, Chrome Custom Tabs, Architecture, Full-stack
- Managed the team responsible for the web infrastructure of the Google App for Android. This infrastructure was on the critical path of billions of Google searches every day and supported tens of billions in annual revenue.
- Led a rewrite of the Google App's Browser, which required an extensive refactoring of Chrome and involved working with senior directors from Chrome, search, and ads on a daily basis.
- Improved load time of Google search result clicks by 3% through various optimization efforts. Worked with the ranking team to integrate page speed insights into the Google ranking.
- Designed and implemented new features for internal sales tools (full-stack development).
Software Developer2012 - 2014Zalando
- Designed and implemented a configuration service for managing runtime configuration. This infrastructure was used by dozens of different teams and included a user-friendly front end that enabled assigning granular access rights.
- Led the implementation of a PHP API for Zalando's eCommerce back end and guided an external front-end team on how to build an eCommerce shop using the API.
- Bootstrapped the infrastructure for a new team by setting up the front end with Angular and Bootstrap, the back end with Java and Spring, and the database with PostgresSQL. The team grew to 50+ members and kept building on top of this architecture.