Marcela Kashiwagi Silveira
Verified Expert in Engineering
Marcela is an experienced web and mobile developer from Brazil currently living in Silicon Valley. She has a very strong understanding of software architecture and also a very strong mathematical background. She was selected by ZDNet as one of ten most influential female tech innovators in Brazil, as well as mentioned on Mashable, Forbes, and others several times.
REST APIs, Firebase, Parse, Swift, Objective-C, iOS, Xcode, SwiftUI
The most amazing...
...Thing I’ve built is my own startup, Cabe na Mala, which was acquired in 2016.
Senior Software Engineer, iOS
- Led different projects and worked in a cross-functional team to brainstorm ideas, build new features, and maintain existing ones.
- Created new experiments using LaunchDarkly and tracked success through Amplitude.
- Used different technologies and proposed ideas to improve code quality and unit tests.
iOS Software Engineer
- Contributed to the development of iOS projects using Objective-C and Swift.
- Used different APIs and SDKs to create apps from scratch and submit them to the App Store.
- Maintained and added new features to existing apps.
Cabe na Mala
- Helped create this startup from scratch to exit.
- Managed the technical team, a team of 20+ people based in the US and Brazil.
- Planned, executed, and measured growth strategies, partnerships, and product development.
Lead Software Engineer
Zign Marketing Digital
- Developed applications and games for the iOS platform using Cocos2D, Box2D and, Chipmunk frameworks, Game Center API, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn Connect.
- Integrated with native web applications using JSON, SOAP, and REST web services.
- Integrated with live TV streaming.
- Developed web applications.
Signal Processing Laboratory (COPPE/UFRJ)
- Contributed to the NeuralTB project, which produces software supporting the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis through neural networks.
- Developed a solution for checking, transmitting, and synchronizing the databases on mobile devices, in clinics, and in hospitals.
- Developed applications and games for iOS using Cocos2D, Box2D, and Chipmunk frameworks, Game Center API, Facebook, and Twitter Connect.
Stone Age Tech
- Developed and integrated data mining algorithms, including decision trees, linear regression, and logic regression into the company’s applications.
- Developed a CCore database management system with an architecture that ensures high performance even with large volumes of data and compatible with leading market solutions.
- Collaborated with the engineering team for a data mining application in the Object Pascal programming language, including neural network algorithms, genetic algorithms, and automatic extraction of association rules (MBA - Market Basket Analysis).
- Collaborated with the engineering team on an application made in the Object Pascal programming language to create, visualize, and distribute reports used by a number of financial institutions: Itaú, Bradesco, Unibanco, Citibank, Credicard, and BV Financeira.
Reddit has reported 430 million active users (2019) and is the third-most downloaded news app in the United States.
I developed the app from the ground up and submitted it to the app store, working as a full-stack engineer. I used Swift for the iOS app and Parse for the back end, and worked with a designer
I developed the app from the ground up and submitted it to the App Store. For this one, I developed the iOS app using Swift and worked with a back-end engineer who used Firebase. There was also an Android developer and a designer on the team.
Pilar na Grécia
Vikings x Chickens
Google AdWords, REST APIs, Facebook API, OpenGL ES, LinkedIn API, Twitter API
Xcode, Sublime Text, LaunchDarkly
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Scrum, REST, Mobile App Design
iOS, Mobile, Parse, Parse Server, Firebase, Twitter
Software Development, Facebook, OAuth, Amplitude
UIKit, SwiftUI, Cocos2d, Box2D, Chipmunk, GameKit, Core Data, Cocoa Touch, Ruby on Rails (RoR), iOS SDK
MongoDB, MySQL, Databases, PostgreSQL
Executive Education Degree in Project Management
Fundacao Getulio Vargas - Brazil
Executive Education Degree in Business
Babson College - Massachusetts, US
Bachelor’s Degree in Compter Science
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro - UFRJ - Brazil