Lead Software Engineer2020 - 2020BoaCompra
Technologies: Docker, Apache, Nginx, RabbitMQ, MySQL, Bash, Git, Jenkins, Jira, Domain-driven Design (DDD), AWS ECS, SlimPHP, Amazon API Gateway, API Gateways, PHP, Leadership
- Developed a new API version to improve usability by using best REST practices.
- Created an API gateway library to build API gateways on-demand easily.
- Designed a sandbox solution to improve client onboarding.
- Helped new team members to understand the company business model and grasp the company's code rules.
Application Security Engineer2018 - 2020BoaCompra
Technologies: PHP, Vulnerability Management, Vulnerability Assessment, Risk Modeling, NMap, Risk Analysis, Application Security, Bash, Metasploit, Python, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Gave web security training based on the OWASP standards to more than 100 colleagues.
- Mapped and penetration tested the entire system's attack surface to meet PCI obligations.
- Wrote handcrafted reports, which not only pointed security vulnerabilities but also gave instructions and best practices for mitigation.
- Provided specific security advice to developers teams about features they were developing at the time.
- Defined model risk of new features, microservices, and APIs.
- Managed the security vulnerabilities to meet deadlines.
- Tested new mitigations and security features after delivery to see if there wasn't a bypass way.
Software Engineer2016 - 2018BoaCompra
- Broke a core part of a monolith into a resilient microservice, which improved the development process of adding new features.
- Developed a new refund solicitation UI, which improved usability.
- Built a new checkout microservice, improving the conversion rate by 10%.
- Created many reusable libraries to improve development speed and readability.
- Worked with old frameworks and legacy systems such as osCommerce and Tomato.
- Used and promulgated the domain-driven design techniques together with SOLID and Clean Code practices to improve the code maintainability.
System Analyst2015 - 2016Benner
- Analyzed and described requirements for the new features.
- Created many different features focused on each client-specific need.
- Developed COM objects to increase the system's functionalities through reusable components.
Software Developer2012 - 2015TecnoSpeed
- Created a REST API on top of an existing one, improving its features without changing the old code.
- Developed a new UI, improving both usability and performance.
- Found and fixed an old bug that caused significant random problems.
- Developed a new product that improved the client's overall resilience in his primary line of business.
- Created DLLs and COM objects to facilitate the integration of new clients.
- Built and implemented many important invoice-related features, such as cross-field semantic validations and digital invoice sending.