Marcelo Luiz Onhate
Verified Expert in Engineering
Marcelo is an experienced chief software architect specializing in converting ideas and customer needs into scalable products. He’s collaborated with multiple Fortune Global 500 companies on global-level projects. Today, he works remotely—building software solutions with world-distributed collaborators. With more than a decade of experience and an entrepreneurial mindset, Marcelo will be a valuable addition to any project.
The most amazing...
...product I’ve built was a vehicle monitoring system that processes 2 million messages per second.
Hands-on Cloud Architect
Arizona State University
- Migrated by rewriting applications from on-premises to the cloud using edge technology to obtain high availability and throughput.
- Developed a pioneer cloud architecture that is used as the base for all future on-premise migrations to the cloud.
- Developed an application that handles more than 3 million users' data.
- Designed, architected, and developed a full serverless product from end to end; also helped make decisions on the product design, roadmap, and features.
- Helped the team to apply the best practices on serverless development.
- Handled the full CI and CD setup with pull request-isolated environments.
- Handled the project from the first lines of code to the production release.
- Implemented the Alexa Skills integration with GraphQL queries and complex commands.
- Set up CI and CD pipelines, GitFlow, and the App Store distribution.
- Worked as a full-stack serverless architect structuring the codebase for future developers.
- Helped env0 from the first lines of code to the production release.
- Created a custom deployment pipeline that is core for env0 operations.
Chief Software Architect
- Led a team in the Jive cloud division.
- Collaborated with a world-class team to improve the SaaS platform's customer experience, engagement, and performance.
- Designed and developed a continuous integration and delivery system that now supports the Jive Software team to test, maintain, and release new product versions to cloud customers launching millions of containers per month.
- Worked with Kubernetes Deployment and dockerized the existing software.
- Contributed to the customer experience.
- Understood problems and dealt with them appropriately.
- Implemented CI/CD.
- Worked on performance tuning.
Chief Software Architect
- Collaborated with the team that restructured the existing framework bringing Optiva's telco main product to a new level of the game.
- Redesigned and migrated the existing software to a cloud architecture using containers and other cloud-related solutions.
- Utilized performance-oriented thinking. Redesigned and refactored products.
- Optimized the performance of an existing codebase (Cloud.google.com/customers/optiva). Migrated items to the cloud.
Chief Software Architect | Product Chief Architect
- Acted as the chief software architect and product chief architect on several different products under the Aurea umbrella.
- Oversaw the product design and roadmap.
- Led teams.
- Understood the problems and dealt with them quickly and efficiently.
- Dockerized the existing software.
- Implemented continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Analyzed the performance and security of existing solutions and implemented the subsequent improvements.
- Provided L3 support.
Senior Software Architect
- Worked closely with the customers and understood their particular needs for eCommerce solutions and eCommerce satellite systems.
- Designed and implemented solutions to reach the usability, security, and performance requirements of multiple customers around the globe.
- Contributed to the growth of the Brazilian operations by helping to interview, hire, and foster employee engagement.
- Understood problems and created the appropriate solutions for them.
- Tuned the security.
- Led and built teams.
Software Engineer | Architect
- Developed and implemented frameworks for eCommerce solutions.
- Researched and recommended technologies and tools to support technical architects and developers to build top-notch software.
- Ensured that technical solutions met performance, scalability, and security customer's requirements.
- Developed reusable components and modules that execute millions of dollars in transactions per day over big sets of data.
- Engaged the team to follow best practices such as clean code and test-driven development.
- Responded quickly to technical queries from clients, management, and team members.
Pulpo | Connecting Relevant Knowledge
ROLE: Co-founder | CTO
Chat apps, presentations, study groups, daily syncs, collages...it's all in our hands.
Spring ORM, Spring Boot, Nuxt.js, Serverless Framework, NestJS, Spring, Angular, Next.js, Realtime, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Redux
Node.js, Jenkins Pipeline, Vue, Vuex, React, Apache Lucene, Protobuf
Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), MongoDB Atlas, Jenkins, Auth0, AWS ELB, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), Docker Compose, AWS Step Functions, Amazon Cognito, Terraform, Amazon EBS
Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Deployment, Continuous Integration (CI), Microservices, REST, Lambda Architecture, Serverless Architecture, Kanban, Concurrent Programming, Agile Software Development, Scrum, Microservices Architecture
Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Firebase, JVM, Kubernetes, Docker, Linux, Amazon EC2, Oracle
Amazon DynamoDB, JSON, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), NoSQL, Cloud Firestore, Firebase Realtime Database, Google Cloud, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Sybase, Amazon EFS
Apollo, Software Architecture, APIs, Creative Problem Solving, Serverless, Team Leadership, Team Building, Leadership, Lambda Functions, Apollo Server, Google Cloud Functions, WebLogic, Amazon Cognito User Pools, WebSockets, Product Strategy, Product Design, Stream Processing, Streaming, Customer Success, Cross-functional Team Leadership, IoC, Computer Science, Architecture, Cloud Architecture, Amazon API Gateway
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Universidade Regional Integrada do Alto Uruguai e das Missões - Erechim, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Amazon Web Services