Deep Learning Engineer2017 - PRESENTConsulting Work
Technologies: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Python, AWS, GCP
- Extended AlphaZero to imperfect information games, validated against Facebook OpenGo.
- Built a vision system that won $20,000 first prize at Melbourne Knowledge Week.
- Designed an NLP algorithm for automated text summarization of financial news articles.
- Designed a neural architecture for fault detection on images of wind turbine blades.
- Developed a system for predictive maintenance based on data from home IoT sensors.
- Introduced a vision system for tooling wear assessment for a major aerospace manufacturer.
- Implemented face detection and auto-tagging for family journal iPhone/Mac app.
Technical Director2014 - 2019DroneX Ltd
Technologies: Keras, Python, Robot Operating System (ROS), C, C++
- Developed real-time image segmentation for obstacle avoidance in a prototype ground robot.
- Implemented AI that coordinated 200+ mobile mining robots in simulation (a US customer).
- Led a team of engineers to design and build hardware and software for many drone projects.
- Delivered all projects to full customer satisfaction (with some projects resulting in patents).
Team Leader2011 - 2014Go Science
Technologies: Embedded C, C++
- Oversaw and managed multiple software and hardware system integrations on an experimental autonomous deep-water vehicle.
- Led a team of engineers in the delivery of multiple successful customer-facing trials.
Co-founder2009 - 2010Giko Games
Technologies: Android, Java
- Programmed a 3D game engine for Android in Java which was used in two published games.
Software Engineer2008 - 2009Imagination Technologies
Technologies: Windows 7, DirectX, C++, Python
- Built parts of the Windows 7 GPU driver in C++ and programmed a full test suite in Python.