HTML Developer in Cartagena - Bolivar, Colombia
Founder2014 - PRESENTBusiness Development Company
- Created a custom CMS using Laravel 5.
- Developed custom WordPress themes and plugins.
- Built applications for iOS and Android using PhoneGap.
- Provided holistic marketing and seamless integration of social APIs in websites using WordPress.
- Conducted extensive user behavior research using Google Analytics for A/B testing in converting websites.
Senior WordPress Developer (Remote)2015 - 2016RealMassive, Inc
- Maintained and added new featured to the main WordPress website.
- Developed plugins for company and public use.
- Integrated to WordPress Core business functionalities and Open API features.
- Worked in an Agile environment.
Co-founder2014 - 2016Fundación Lumen Colombia
Technologies: Communications, Social media, Crowdfunding, Social activity
- Planned, developed, and executed strategies of impact to help poor communities in the city and neighbors.
- Kept track of the progress of each of the pilot programs in communities.
- Researched the best ways to supply water in our region to communities and families without immediate access to the resource.
- Managed crowdfunding campaigns for pilot programs.
- Documented and replicated pilot programs to other communities.
CTO2012 - 2014Agencia Guidoulloa
- Maintained servers for internal file exchange and remote interactions.
- Made an internal CRM for keeping track of clients, available across devices and in the cloud.
- Successfully developed and maintained 45 websites with a team of two.
- Created multiple iPad HTML5 applications for the use of clients at presentations, conventions, and events.
- Created a local network application for the iPad for room service of a local hotel.
Web Developer2011 - 2012FANK & FRANK Consulting
- Developed multiple WordPress sites using PSD designs provided by designers.
- Created base PSD templates for multiple purpose designs such as web design, email design, and mobile designs for designers.
- Managed and designed email marketing campaigns for the agency.
- Integrated new techniques and apps for communications and workflow acceleration for the team.
- Made a custom reservations system for restaurants using PHP, which was maintained for our restaurant clients.
Founder2006 - 2012PROWeb Network
- Developed a custom basic CMS written in PHP to generate high-conversion landing pages.
- Made plugins for WordPress showcasing stock market changes and currency conversion.
- Made custom email templates for MailChimp for campaign automation.
- Developed WordPress templates for sale in market websites.
- Integrated Moodle in several local educational institutions, ensuring performance in low-processing-power servers.
- Healthy (Development)http://www.marcovega.co/portafolio/healthy/
iOS and Android App concept to order to your workplace or home healthy food. It includes a back-end where all orders are processed, menus managed, and all analytics served.
- Evoca Hotels (Development)http://www.marcovega.co/portafolio/evoca-historic-boutique-hotels/
Boutique Hotels network in Colombia. WordPress Development with integration of the WPML Plugin to display the site in multiple languages. Connection with the API of their booking engine, deep SEO work, and custom post types.
- The Big Texan (Development)http://www.marcovega.co/portafolio/the-big-texan/
Home of the 72oz free steak. Design was provided by a designer with specifications provided. WordPress development with responsive functionalities and online store.
- TCU Experience (Development)http://www.marcovega.co/portafolio/tcu-experience/
Intensive WordPress development that required deep core functionality modifications to provide a rich HTML5 experience in the use of front-end. It includes a custom design for the player, pushState loading that gets JSon-served WordPress pages and renders them into videos and custom captions, seeking thumbnails and a mobile version.
- Marco is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. Marco shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
FrameworksWordPress Multisite, ZURB Foundation, Bootstrap, Compass, Bootstrap 3, Redux, Laravel 5, Laravel, Express.js, React Native
Libraries/APIsSage, jQuery UI, jQuery, Vue.js, React, BuddyPress, Node.js
ToolsFullCalendar, Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, MAMP, Webpack 2, Git, Vagrant
PlatformsWooCommerce, WordPress, Sensei, Firebase, Heroku, Amazon, Docker
OtherUser Interface (UI), Front-end
ParadigmsPromise, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)