Python Developer in Vero Beach, FL, United States
Member since September 19, 2016
Marcus has over a decade of experience working in data management and analysis using T-SQL, SQL Server, ArcGIS, QGIS, and Python. He's especially experienced in ETL utilizing Visual Studio and has some experience with SQL CLR C#. Marcus has worked freelance before in his career and is very proficient when writing solutions.
Senior Database Administrator2013 - PRESENTCommunity Champions
Technologies: SQL Server, Arc Server, ArcGIS, Python, SQL, SSIS, C#
- Worked as the SQL Server database administrator and ArcServer administrator.
- Develop SSIS ETL packages.
- Wrote Python scripts.
- Programmed with SQL.
Consultant2005 - PRESENTFreelance Work
Technologies: SQL Server, ArcGIS, MS Access, Python, C#, VBA
- Performed SQL Server database development.
- Wrote Python scripts.
- Analyzed spatial data and other types of data.
- Developed with MS Access.
GIS Specialist2005 - 2013City of Vero Beach
Technologies: ArcGIS, ArcServer, ArcSDE, SQL Server, Python
- Administered spatial data.
- Created automation tasks using Python.
- Worked as the SQL database administrator.
- Performed data analysis.
- Generated static and dynamic mapping projects.
Information Technology Manager2001 - 2005Dyer Aqua LLC
Technologies: MS Access, MS Excel, VBA, Hardware
- Developed and administered local, remote, and cloud databases.
- Purchased, implemented, and maintained information systems and intranet.
- Assessed and maintained working inventory of marketable goods.
- Generated biological assessment reports.
- Develop and supervise data collection techniques.
- Designed prediction models for future stock assessment.
- Proprietary Code (Other amazing things)
The nature of my code is proprietary and I would be in breach of NDAs if I were to post it.
LanguagesT-SQL, Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET), C#.NET, Python
StorageSQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server 2012
ToolsMicrosoft Visual C++
- Associate of Science degree in Computer Information Technology (GIS)2003 - 2005Eastern Florida State College - Melbourne, FL, USA
- Associate of Science degree in Computer Programming and Analysis2003 - 2005Eastern Florida State College - Melbourne, FL, USA
- Bachelor of Science degree in Marine Biology1993 - 1997University of North Carolina at Wilmington - Wilmington, NC, USA
- GIS ProfessionalJULY 2011 - NOVEMBER 2019GIS Certification Institute (GISCI)