Verified Expert in Engineering
Marcus is a passionate software engineer with 4+ years of experience working with infrastructure payment systems and enterprise software. He has worked on different projects and developed competencies in agile development and software design principles. As a believer in lifelong learning, Marcus is pursuing a Master's degree in AI and distributed systems and is eager to embrace new challenges that allow him to apply the knowledge he is now acquiring.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), IntelliJ, Google Meet, Jira, GitLab, Postman, Java, Python, MacOS, MacBook
The most amazing...
...solution I've developed is a home assistant's dialogue manager, incorporating a knowledge-based system, command interpreter, and interface for external APIs.
Senior Software Engineer
Wise Systems International
- Ensured real-time communication between different services and clients using AWS SQS, AWS Lambda, REST APIs, and websockets.
- Modeled various entities to capture the game state and economy using PostgreSQL, Liquibase, and Hibernate.
- Implemented security using Keycloak, JWT, OAuth-based authentication, and Spring Security.
- Ran Monte Carlo simulations to simulate in-game loot-dropping probabilities.
- Created integration and unit testing for various parts of the system.
- Worked as senior Java back-end engineer on an NFT gaming platform where users can create and upgrade their avatars and mint them on the blockchain. Helped the team to prepare for the MVP release in June.
Software Engineer Contractor
- Added different processing endpoints, reviewed features, and created unit and integration tests.
- Worked on a solution for seamless cloud data migration and integration across different vendors.
- Worked on improving a data orchestration (built on top of Airflow) platform that transfers data between cloud platforms.
IDEA Center at the University of Notre Dame
- Integrated Jira and GitHub external APIs into the application logic and tested those integrations using unit testing and mocked data. Created APIs to extend existing user flows and to be used for support and by front-end clients.
- Helped the team with various security issues, such as securing the stateless authorization system based on JSON Web Tokens using HTTP cookies.
- Improved the system architecture and readability and reduced the boilerplate code by implementing code practices specific to Spring Boot applications.
- Assisted the team in implementing a customizable email-based notification service.
- Created scripts to automate training data generation, parsing, cleaning, and formatting.
- Researched and used algorithms for pattern matching. Cleaned and extracted information from data to be used by NLP models.
- Implemented rules based on the output of deep learning models using spaCy and existing modules.
- Developed instant payment systems that allow banks' clients to send and receive money in almost no time. Worked on existing projects and different country-level implementations to add new features and requirements.
- Prototyped an automation tool that allows developers to record themselves while navigating and using a web application and replicate that flow in a test environment to ease front-end application testing.
- Created a tokenization algorithm with an instant payment system to hide sensitive card information. It uses a surrogate that is also Luhn-compliant instead of the actual account number.
- Developed the back end for an eWallet application connected to the national banking infrastructure via the instant payments system. Automated the clearinghouse, tokenization system, and central banking system.
Software Engineer Intern
- Took part in the FPGA team that developed LabView NXG, a symbolic programming interface and environment used for developing engineering and research solutions that are meant to run on configurable hardware.
- Cooperated with the main team to integrate and test new features and maintain and fix previously written code.
- Learned agile development and enterprise software design principles and procedures as part of my internship.
Mobile Payment Application
My responsibilities involved:
• Implementing various endpoints.
• Building the data model layer.
• Developing an administration system for multiple entities using the four-eyes principle.
• Creating a one-time password system for logging in.
• Assisting with designing and creating the KYC back-end flow for the mobile application.
• Connecting various systems to our back end.
Home Assistant Dialogue Managerhttps://github.com/MarcusGitAccount/home_assistant_ro
Microsoft Imagine Cup 2019 Entryhttps://github.com/MarcusGitAccount/Imagine-Cup-2019
Computer Vision Thesis
COVID-19 Patient Survival Predictionhttps://github.com/MarcusGitAccount/Covid19-Survival-Prediction
Microservices Authentication and Authorization Using Keycloak
LLM Chatbot Integration
Hibernate, Spring Boot, JPA, Selenium, Spring Security, Mockito, Swagger, Spring, OAuth 2, Vanilla JS, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), JUnit, Django, Flask, JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
REST, API Architecture, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Java Patterns, Unit Testing, Data Science, Microservices, Back-end Architecture, Microservices Architecture, E2E Testing
JSON, Spring Data JPA, PostgreSQL, Relational Databases, MySQL, Databases
Architecture, APIs, API Integration, Springbot, Enterprise Application Design, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Distributed Systems, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Convolutional Neural Networks, Neural Networks, Back-end, Knowledge Bases, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Web Development, Image Processing, Data, Spring Web Services, Data Engineering, Feign, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), MacBook, LangChain, Chatbots, Chatbot, ChatGPT, Cloud Computing, Computer Vision, Algorithms, Computational Logic, Distributed Architecture, Optimization, FPGA, Facial Recognition, Object Detection, Image Segmentation, Artificial Neural Networks (ANN), Finite-state Transducers (FST), WebSockets, Cookies, Integration Testing, Data Processing, Tree Structures, SSH, VM, Google BigQuery, Know Your Customer (KYC), Reporting, Push Notifications, Authentication, Authorization, GPT, Middleware, Message Queues, API Testing, Monte Carlo Simulations
TensorFlow, Pandas, NumPy, REST APIs, Keras, API Development, Liquibase, Node.js, SpaCy, OpenCV, Scikit-learn, JOOQ, SQLAlchemy, OpenAPI, Jira REST API, Django ORM, Flask-RESTful, Restify
Git, Gradle, LabVIEW, Flyway, Postman, Apache Airflow, GitHub, Docker Compose, Keycloak, Celery
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Kafka, Linux, Azure, Raspberry Pi, Kubernetes, Docker, Backendless, MacOS, Firebase, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Progress Toward a Master's Degree in Artificial Intelligence and Distributed Computing
West University of Timișoara - Timișoara, Romania
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Technical University of Cluj-Napoca - Cluj-Napoca, Romania
TensorFlow Developer Certificate
DeepLearning.AI TensorFlow Developer
DeepLearning.AI, via Coursera
Deep Learning Specialization
DeepLearning.AI, via Coursera