- Consultant, DeveloperIBM2010 - PRESENT
- GMSA Global Tools Executive Leader for Latin America.
- Created a system to automate the installation of a monitoring agent on more than 6,000 servers.
- Created tools for automated tasks using shell script.
- Led different implementation projects.
- Supported IBM monitoring systems.
- Developed an internal web-based project status app to create, edit, and follow-up on projects.
- DeveloperOpen Ideas2009 - PRESENT
- Developed an internal software, for a big tourism agency, used to to handle credit card purchases in python with Bottle framework, sqlalchemy and Angular for the front end.
- Created several tools and apps for private companies' use using shell script, PHP, and Python.
- Administrated Linux environments.
- Worked as a developer on a a team that created a web hosting control panel for resellers and end users.
- Technical Analyst / System AdministratorBBVA Group ( LatinAmerica Region )2007 - 2010
Technologies: Shell Script, Linux, LDAP, APACHE, DHCP, NFS
- In charge of the diagram, configuration, and development of scripts for each alert.
- Worked on implementation, automation, documentation and training of Nagios Warning System for the Provincial Bank of Venezuela.
- Coordinated and implemented roll-outs of platform upgrades.
- Acted as third level support for branch offices throughout Latin America, on more than 4000 servers across the region.
- Used monitoring and managing services such as: LDAP, DHCP, atftp, NFS, Apache, JXFS (printing system), CUPS, CFEngine (remote and automated updates). SNA (IBM).
- Technical AnalystHasar Sistemas SRL2005 - 2007
Technologies: Unix, Linux, Windows, Informix, MySQL, C, AWK, Shell Scripts.
- Tested pre-production software for POS in multiple locations of a well-known Hypermarket.
- Created small developments for the early resolution of customer needs, using shell script and AWK.
- Audited code in X.25 communication system, using C.
- Coordinated changes, updates and improvements for the chain's POS system.
- Linux Senior Admin / Developer / Technical Support ManagerTowebs SA2001 - 2005
Technologies: Linux, Apache, SSL, PostFix, MySQL, Tomcat, PHP, Perl, C, Java, HTML
- Administrated more than 50 web hosting servers.
- Audited customer's code in PHP, Perl, Java, HTML.
- Created shell script to replace the Sendmail mailing server, using Postfix with MySQL and maildir. Reduced server load and improved the agility of the WebMail and POP3 systems.
- Created CGI on end user's web hosting control panel, to include webpages in future crawls on several search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, AltaVista.
- Coordinated the productivity of Level 1 and Level 2 support teams.