- Freelance Full-stack Web Developer2013 - PRESENTClients (via Toptal)
- Designed, developed and implemented the back-end and front-end of a blog for a film production studio.
- Designed, developed and implemented an app on the sales channel of BigCommerce. which was an integration with BigCommerce API, the customer's app, and Google Merchant.
- Developer2009 - PRESENTOpen Ideas
- Developed internal software for a big tourism agency, used to to handle credit card purchases in Python with Bottle framework, SQLAlchemy, and Angular for the front-end.
- Created several tools and apps for private companies' use with shell script, PHP, and Python.
- Administrated Linux environments.
- Worked as a developer on a a team that created a web hosting control panel for resellers and end users.
- IT Specialist, Project Manager, Consultant, Developer2010 - 2017IBM
- Served as GMSA Global Tools Executive Leader for Latin America.
- Created tools for automated tasks using shell script.
- Led different implementation projects.
- Supported IBM monitoring systems.
- Developed an internal web-based project status app to create, edit, and follow up on projects.
- Created a system to automate the installation of a monitoring agent on more than 6,000 servers.
- Served as Project Manager on a large project for a big international company.
- Technical Analyst/System Administrator2007 - 2010BBVA Group (Latin America Region)
Technologies: Shell Script, Linux, LDAP, APACHE, DHCP, NFS
- Oversaw the diagram, configuration, and development of scripts for each alert.
- Worked on implementation, automation, documentation and training of Nagios Warning System for the Provincial Bank of Venezuela.
- Coordinated and implemented rollouts of platform upgrades.
- Acted as third-level support for branch offices throughout Latin America on more than 4000 servers across the region.
- Used monitoring and managing services such as: LDAP, DHCP, atftp, NFS, Apache, JXFS (printing system), CUPS, CFEngine (remote and automated updates). SNA (IBM).
- Technical Analyst2005 - 2007Hasar Sistemas SRL
Technologies: Unix, Linux, Windows, Informix, MySQL, C, AWK, Shell Scripts.
- Tested pre-production software for a POS system in multiple locations of a well-known Hypermarket.
- Created small developments for the early resolution of customer needs, using shell script and AWK.
- Audited code in X.25 communication system, using C.
- Coordinated changes, updates, and improvements for the chain's POS system.
- Linux Senior Admin/Developer/Technical Support Manager2001 - 2005Towebs SA
Technologies: Linux, Apache, SSL, PostFix, MySQL, Tomcat, PHP, Perl, C, Java, HTML
- Administrated more than 50 web hosting servers.
- Audited customers' code in PHP, Perl, Java, and HTML.
- Created a shell script to replace the Sendmail mailing server, using Postfix with MySQL and maildir. Reduced server load and improved the agility of the WebMail and POP3 systems.
- Created CGI on the end user's web hosting control panel, to include web pages in future crawls on several search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, and AltaVista.
- Coordinated the productivity of Level 1 and Level 2 support teams.