C Developer in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Member since April 14, 2014
Mariano is a low-level systems hacker with five years of experience in web development and an eye for quality. He loves to write software based on the model of many small components working together towards a common goal. He enjoys art and sees programming as an expression of art.
Scala/Java Engineer2018 - 2018Playtika, Inc.
Technologies: Scala, Java, Spring Cloud, Spring Boot, Spark, Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Created event-driven multiplayer games.
Scala Developer2014 - 2017Playtika, Inc.
- Built the event processing layer using Apache Spark.
- Built and maintained a distributed processing grid using RabbitMQ and PHP.
- Built the iOS/Android/Facebook notification delivery system, which handles over three million messages per day.
Web Developer (Contract)2013 - 2014Equifax, Inc.
Technologies: PHP, Laravel, MySQL, AWS, Linux
- Fixed a number of security issues with a big portal.
- Developed an automatic development creation system using Vagrant and Chef.
- Devised architectural solutions for our stack.
- Led the team in charge of designing the new platform based on Laravel, Redis, and MySQL.
- Proposed and created a set of tools to greatly reduce development time.
Front-end Developer (Contract)2012 - 2013Digital Beagle, LLC
Technologies: Django, jQuery, HTML5, CSS3, Heroku, Git
- Revamped the whole front-end with Twitter Bootstrap.
- Added new functionality to a widget in development.
Senior PHP developer2011 - 2012OLX, Inc.
Technologies: PHP, Solr, MySQL, Linux, Memcached, Node.js, Web Services
- Wrote extensive object-oriented code in PHP.
- Ported a code mess to a more sane and modular platform.
- Helped build an SEO engine to improve article rankings on search engines.
- Worked with large-scale databases (90+ million entries).
- Did some experimentation with uncommon technologies like graph databases, document stores, RDF databases, and more, to cope with the amount of data we managed.
- Wrote code-consuming APIs to gather information from different sources.
Web Developer2010 - 2011TCS, Radio Mitre S.A.
- Developed a custom administration back-end.
- Developed a front-end to schedule ads and radio programs.
- Developed code to interface with the broadcast equipment.
- Made technical decisions for the project.
- Worked with an external company to help us develop part of the system.
FrameworksPHPUnit, Spring Boot, Express.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), CakePHP, Laravel, AngularJS, Connect.js, Symfony, Cocos2d-x, Cocos2d, Chipmunk, Django, Sinatra, ASM, Bootstrap
ToolsTerminal, Chrome Developer Tools, Firebug, Jenkins, Vim Text Editor, Git, Jira, Google Docs, Google Analytics, Subversion (SVN), Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, Redmine, TortoiseSVN, Google Webmaster Tools, Trello
ParadigmsContinuous Deployment, Inversion of Control, Declarative Programming, Design Patterns, Class-based OOP, Prototype-based OOP, Agile Software Development, Functional Reactive Programming, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Plugin-Based Architecture, Pipeline Programming, Procedural Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Parallel & Distributed Computing, Pair Programming, Promise
PlatformsMacOS, Linux, BSD, iOS, Android
Libraries/APIsNode.js, jQuery, React, Facebook API, jQuery UI, Backbone.js, Twitter API, Restangular, Modernizr, OpenGL
StorageSQLite, Memcached, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Redis, MongoDB
OtherNetworks, Spring Cloud, Prototyping
- Bachelor's degree in Computer engineering2010 - 2015CAECE University - Buenos Aires