Software Developer2020 - 2020Marymont Labs (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Alexa, Serverless, React, Node.js
- Developed Amazon Alexa voice integration with the Fork's Edge app, allowing cooks to add and query recipes via voice, using Node.js and Serverless.
- Developed back-end components using AWS Transcribe, Step Functions, S3, and DynamoDB.
- Integrated recipe and ingredient transcription into the React web app.
Software Development Engineer2016 - 2019Amazon
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Java
- Worked on scalability for Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon's large-scale object storage system.
- Wrote elaborate distributed systems code in Java.
- Troubleshot customer issues in production.
- Worked on an email integration with Alexa (Amazon's voice assistant).
- Built a scalable service for notifications about emails, used in production.
- Coached interns and more junior colleagues.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016MemSQL
Technologies: Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Scala, Python, C++
- Developed the MemSQL integration with Apache Spark and Kafka (Scala).
- Worked on multiple database features related to clustering, and columnar data. (C++, Python).
- Performed scenario testing for anticipated customer workloads.
- Interviewed candidates for engineering positions, generally on the algorithms part (20+ interviews).
- Presented MemSQL to customers at the Oracle OpenWorld conference.
Software Engineering Intern2014 - 2014MemSQL
Technologies: MySQL, Linux, Python, C++
- Designed and implemented replication for MemSQL's columnar tables, in C++.
- Implemented execution for several types of aggregate queries (average/min/max) in column stores (C++).
- Built a web application to assist salespeople in obtaining leads via LinkedIn (Python/Flask).
- Integrated the above-mentioned web application with Salesforce.
- Created numerous end-to-end tests.
Software Engineering Intern2013 - 2013
Technologies: Python, C++
- Worked on the Site Integrity team.
- Developed infrastructure for fighting spam.
- Created distributed systems' code in C++.
- Implemented data structures for estimating statistical quantities.
- Tested crash scenarios by utilizing Linux firewalls.