Test Engineer2015 - PRESENTLivingSocial
Technologies: Ruby, RSpec, Watir, Selenium, Jenkins
- Automated the testing of new sections of the web store; using Ruby/RSpec to write the test cases and Watir/Selenium to automate browser test execution. Tests were executed on Jenkins.
- Worked on remote distributed teams using Scrum methodologies.
- Automated the testing and sampling of advertising emails deliveries to different email services (Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo). Verified the validity of links and images, recurrence. Using Nokogiri for HTML parsing, Ruby/RSpec for tests writing, and IMAP for email querying and retrieval.
- Performed manual testing when time limitations didn't allow for test automation. Lots of defects were filed—tracking defects from detection to fixing and deployment.
Senior QA Engineer2011 - 2015Tripwire
Technologies: Ruby/Rspec, Python, Linux, Solaris, AIX, HPUX, Windows, OS X, C
- Automated the testing of a Windows Registry collection tool and Command execution tool. Wrote tests in Ruby/RSpec, communicating with the components using protobuf messages, executing tests for many different platforms on Jenkins (various forms of Windows and Linux platforms). Made hundreds of automated tests for immediate regression detection.
- Automated tests for a real-time file system change detection system. Wrote hundreds of tests for detecting any kind of change on file system like file/directory creation, deletion, renaming, moving, timestamp changes, writing, filesytem mounting, hard and symlink creation, and more. Execute the tests on more than 100 different platforms and versions like Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX, HPUX, OS X. Used Bash for the deployment of component and tests, Jenkins for scheduled test execution, and C for writing a test tool to cause any possible file system change.
- Implemented the manual testing of a multi-platform file system integrity monitoring agent. Required basic-to-mid level knowledge of at least these platforms: Windows, Linux, Solaris, HPUX, AIX, and OS X.
- Developed a tool in C for Linux and Solaris to call every possible system call that can cause changes on the file system (create, write, unlink, link, mount, and more). The tool's purpose was to test a file system integrity monitoring agent.