Verified Expert in Engineering
Mario is an experienced software engineer with an interest and background in network engineering and networking hardware. He holds a bachelor's degree in computer science and has since obtained two MikroTik certifications. Mario feels most comfortable working in frameworks like Lumen and CodeIgniter.
PhpStorm, MySQL Workbench, Windows, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a router auto-provisioning system that enables internet service providers to preconfigure routers, saving time on in-home installation.
- Led a software engineering team in building centralized network automation and orchestrating a platform for MikroTik routers using the RouterOS API and PHP.
- Developed an autoconfiguring service for routers using PHP and Lumen to help internet service providers save time on in-home installations.
All Digital Rewards
- Developed parts of the administrator-facing content management platform used to build rewards program websites.
- Implemented the language selection on multiple repositories using gettext and a metadata system into a software development kit to handle reward vouchers from different vendors.
- Wrote migrations for projects to support new features.
- Wrote a script to migrate thousands of routers from the old management platform to the new one.
- Updated the login process for MikroTik's RouterOS and the PHP API client to support the latest MikroTik firmware.
- Performed MikroTik's Cloud Hosted Router firmware upgrades during maintenance.
- Developed features for the managed router solution dashboard, including wireless interface updates, port forwarding, router listing, and billing system API integration.
- Contributed to the team writing the router system that provisioned a router to preset a configuration for when it comes online.
- Built a device fingerprinting script based on MAC addresses, user agents, pixel density, and similar parameters.
- Collaborated with other developers in a 3-person team, leading the company to an acquisition.
- Wrote and implemented an algorithm for reporting the online status of thousands of routers with a delay of less than a minute.
- Obtained two MikroTik certifications, one in traffic control engineering and the other in networks.
I worked on this project from its beginning at Thaea, where I am a CTO and one of the company founders. Initially, this was a platform for secure remote access to MikroTik routers. I was involved in various tasks, including designing and implementing the auto-provisioning system and using MikroTik's bandwidth testing protocol to write a MikroTik-specific speed test algorithm. Also, I handled an alerting system for the whole network, built a scalable router online status feature, and started leading a team of full-time developers almost a year ago.
CodeIgniter, Lumen, Slim
Windows, Ubuntu, RouterOS, Docker, Linux
PhpStorm, MySQL Workbench
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Minot State University - Minot, ND, USA
MikroTik Certified Traffic Control Engineer
MikroTik Certified Network Associate