- Founder | CEO2015 - PRESENTLionMane Software, Inc.
- Built a software development team of experts and led/managed them to develop various software projects.
- Communicated with clients to determine product features from which I then created the technical requirements.
- Created and assigned tasks based on requirements and crafted deliverable timelines using tools like Gantt charts.
- Managed the software development workflows using Kanban boards and an Agile (Scrum) process.
- Helped developers as needed.
- Created and deployed deliverables on a preset schedule.
- Developed and delivered complex software projects with tight deadlines by using a Agile methods for continuous delivery and integration.
- Created a QA process that works in parallel to software development, using a combination of test cases/suites, automated tests, manual usability tests, requirement coverage tests, cross browser/device tests, and integration tests to ensure multiple feature branches developed by multiple developers played well together.
- Freelance Senior Web Developer2018 - 2018Barking Turtle, LLC (via Toptal)
- Fixed an existing Python/Flask project by refactoring it using top software design patterns and best practices.
- Created a data analysis module that uses caching to improve performance, and implemented a complex interactive data graphing solution to display analyzed data, filterable by date range and transaction type.
- Created a RESTful API to expose the platform's coupon disbursing functionality.
- Refactored a WordPress plugin and improved it to use the new RESTful API so that customers can easily embed data from their campaigns into their WordPress websites.
- Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2018Sapient Industries, Inc.
Technologies: AWS IoT Core, AWS Services, Python 3.5, MySQL, Redis, PHP 7.2, SCSS/CSS3, Laravel 5.5, Web Sockets, Node.js, D3.js, DC.js
- Worked for Sapient Industries, a high-growth series A startup.
- Developed a massive-scale energy management software system that leverages AWS IoT Core to communicate with smart sockets, in order to obtain power readings (once every second). It then uses Machine Learning to glean energy usage patterns/habits, with the aim of cutting down energy costs and thus saving customers money. It lets customers see how their energy is being used in several ways: how much power is consumed by what kinds of devices (computers, monitors, HVAC, etc); at what times is power consumed; in which floors/rooms power is consumed; power consumption insights vs. other months.
- Developed the complete MVP prototype for this startup; I implemented AWS IoT Core and many other AWS services/technologies to create a data pipeline that receives big data from smart power sockets. The IoT pipeline funnels massively concurrent data through AWS Lambdas (written in Python 3.5) that transform the data and store it in AWS DynamoDB.
- Created a blueprint mapping tool used to accurately define the rooms/spaces where power sockets are located. Users start by uploading a blueprint. Then they draw and label each room over the blueprint. Sockets are then assigned to rooms which helps the software yield accurate power usage information.
- Freelance Senior Web Developer2017 - 2017Beyond Map (via Toptal)
- Contributed to the development of BeyondMap.com, a web application that processes large census data sets to extract data relevant to people looking for housing in Canada.
- Developed data management and processing tools that were crucial to the project's success. The data is analyzed for several big cities and there are many thousands of files per city. From the data, the tools I created computed several statistics which were then displayed over a Google Maps interface using geographic polygons.
- Developed the tools used to process the large data sets and extract necessary statistics.
- Engineered a configuration system that easily allows the configuration of which statistics to extract; including the data fields, aggregation/reduction methods. This became extremely useful as the application evolved.
- Created a geometry manipulation system that is used to generate the geographic polygons that represent the census areas and statistics. The geometries are generated at several levels of detail to support zoom in and zoom out operations.
- Created a Google Maps interface used to render the census geography polygons. The data for the chosen statistical category is displayed as a popup, as the user hovers over each geographic polygon.
- Senior Web Developer2014 - 2016Bisnow LLC
- Contributed to creating a website that works on all browsers and screen sizes.
- Created a custom eCommerce platform that used Braintree for payment processing. Also created the eCommerce and financial management suite which included a KPI analytics dashboard and reporting tools.
- Developed many back-end admin tools and scripts used to support Bisnow's businesses, including: CMS (used for online content), email sending, and tracking platform (based on SparkPost's API), and a suite of automation tools to streamline IT processes and data capture.
- Built a media management tool that stored all data in a CDN in order to improve performance. This helped drastically reduce the number of duplicate media, plus allowed Bisnow's content creators to easily upload, categorize, crop, and easily find the content they needed.
- Created a RESTful API used to expose Bisnow's content and eCommerce platform to mobile applications.
- Developed an APNS compliant push notifications management and delivery system.
- Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2014ReelSurfer
- Created an iOS application (Clippo), whose purpose was to capture video, add a text caption to it, convert it to GIF, and finally upload it to AWS S3 buckets for storage.
- Built a RESTful API (PHP and MySQL) accessed by the iOS application for authentication, user profile information, keeping records of videos created per-user, serving video feeds, and more.
- Used iOS CoreGraphics and AV Foundation layers to capture and process videos, and finally to convert them to GIF using a custom algorithm.
- Developed a system to upload data to S3 buckets, with a local SQLite database to keep track of progress, and if the upload failed, then restart/retry it. This was one of the toughest pieces in the whole project.
- Constructed a time scrubber UI/UX that allowed users to determine which portion of the video they wished to convert to GIF. The scrubber's UI allowed a user to visually set the start and end positions (with preview).
- Wrote scriptlets that used scraping tools to allow users to seamlessly share any online video to ReelSurfer.com. The scraper would determine the video's origin, how to embed it, and more.
- Co-founder | Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2013RAWR! Interactive, Inc.
Technologies: Objective-C, ARC, Cocos2D, OpenGL, OpenAL, Kamcord, Game Programming
- Created a video game for iOS devices (iPhone/iPad) using Objective-C.
- Used Cocos2D and OpenGL to power the game's visuals.
- Used OpenAL to power the game's sounds.
- Worked in synchronization with my co-founder and Graphics Designer to create compelling visuals for a large number of features, including: over 50 winnable awards, over 20 different levels, and an immersive UI experience.
- Integrated other technologies, such as Kamcord, to record a player's game, which allowed users to share their best plays over YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and more.
- Senior Web Developer2010 - 2012Xerox Corporation
Technologies: C#, .NET, Sage CRM
- Designed and programmed financial solutions with particular requirements. Solutions were based on Sage CRM which I wrote extensions for using C# and .NET platform.
- Managed a small group of developers to complete software development tasks.