CEO, Owner2013 - PRESENTIntellegens
- Collaborated to lead the three teams (mobile, back-end, reporting) on the Aircash project as well as leading coordination with connections to third-party systems (cash register systems, daily finance balancing, etc.).
- Led the team to develop the TisakCode mobile app and the coordination of mobile and back-end teams as well as connection with third-party systems (ticket reservations, package services, mobile top-up services, cash registers, etc.).
- Contributed to the development of The Skibook, an AngularJS application on top of .NET REST API for easy organization of skiing and snowboarding trips.
- Architected the complete solution for Tailored Riddles and worked in a team that built it from the ground up.
- Worked on a Chrome extension for SEO optimization of articles published by one of the largest British online magazines. The plugin includes crawling the open web page as well as connecting to Google Cloud Storage and other third-party systems (Google Search, SEO Moz API, etc.).
- Worked on the back-end of a mobile application for monitoring one's property. The back-end was written in .NET Core 2.0 and includes authentication with Auth0 and error monitoring with RayGun. It is deployed on Azure.
Head of Technical Screening2016 - 2017Toptal, LLC
- Led the Toptal team that screens developers who wish to apply.
- Improved the processes regarding the technical screening of candidates and prepared new testing materials.
- Organized and contributed to the creation of screening processes for various areas of the IT industry.
- Grew the team significantly over time. Oversaw the interviewing, evaluating, hiring, and training of new people.
Director of Engineering2013 - 2017Toptal, LLC
- Connected clients with talented developers from Toptal's pool based on client needs.
- Gathered client requirements and expectations and, based on that, interviewed and filtered the best candidates.
- Helped improve internal processes to follow company growth.
- Worked with clients across multiple time zones from US PST to Australia and New Zealand.
- Helped clients improve their remote workflows and organize proper communication needed for remote work.
Pre-Sales and Project Manager2011 - 2013Lemax
Technologies: Project Management Office (PMO)
- Worked with clients to determine needs and requirements as well as outline project tasks based on those results.
- Handled sales presentations and demonstrations of working software on different trade shows or directly to the client.
- Managed delivery of a solution, including final presentations to clients.
- Held education sessions for clients on how to use delivered software to best meet their needs.
Web Developer2009 - 2013Lemax
- Developed the iTravel Software, an all-in-one solution for running a tourist agency or tour operator.
- Contributed to iProject, project management software currently used internally at Lemax.
- Performed development work for the Navigo System, a programming interface for a database of POIs to be used for Garmin devices.
- Developed the Tuna Fleet Manager, used for managing a fleet of tuna-catching vessels, complete with catch management and distribution, equipment management, and maintenance logs, and port document creation and management.
- Created client websites on top of Lemax's custom CMS, directly connected to iTravel's software API.
Software Developer2007 - 2009Novateh Terra d.o.o.
Technologies: Java ME, Java
- Developed a GPS tracking application for Siemens XT75 GPS/GPRS module running Java2ME.
- Developed a server-side application to process messages received from the Siemens XT75 module, saving them in a database and serving them to a web application.
Web Developer2007 - 2007Progresivne Tehnologije d.o.o.
- Developed websites in PHP on top of MySQL databases based on a custom PHP CMS.