Senior Back-end Engineer2021 - 2021Weezy Group Ltd
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), PostgreSQL, Heroku, Python, Elasticsearch, Go, AWS Lambda, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Step Functions, Amazon SQS, Okta
- Developed and synchronized processes between the inventory management system and the eCommerce marketplace.
- Pioneered an admin interface to simplify and automate merchandising.
- Engineered alternative product search based on Elasticsearch.
Senior Back-end Engineer2019 - 2021GoCardless
Technologies: Test-driven Development (TDD), Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, Ruby, Looker, BigQuery, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Designed and implemented background processes to initiate, track, and reconcile internal flow of funds, customer payouts, and FX transfers.
- Implemented a ledger system to track fund movements between millions of bank accounts in response to various types of events.
- Analyzed, transformed, and built dashboards for terabytes of transactional data using Bigquery, DBT, and Looker.
Developer | Technical Architect2016 - 2019QTeam Software Solutions SRL
Technologies: System Advisor Model (SAM), AWS CloudFormation, Redshift, Data Pipelines, Amazon DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Amazon ElastiCache, Relational Database Services (RDS), AWS Kinesis, Amazon SQS, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), API Gateways, AWS Lambda, Python, Flask
- Designed and developed serverless multitier architectures on AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, CloudFront, S3, SNS, SQS.
- Developed Python API endpoints continuously deployed on AWS Lambda using Jenkins pipelines and Bitbucket pipelines.
- Implemented API webhooks where changes triggered in third-party systems are streamed into AWS Kinesis to be reliably processed.
- Defined ETL processes, scheduled by the AWS data pipeline, to synchronize data from AWS RDS Aurora into AWS RedShift and build analytics.
- Implemented a faceted search using Elasticsearch populated by AWS Lambda triggered by AWS CloudWatch Events or AWS RDS Aurora triggers.
- Automated the provisioning and configuration of the infrastructure using AWS CloudFormation, EC2 Parameter Store, and Bitbucket Pipelines.
Magento Developer | Technical Lead2014 - 2015Rocket Web
Technologies: Memcached, Behat, PHPUnit, Git, Apache, PHP, Magento
- Implemented the back end for various components required for an eCommerce platform: catalog import, layered navigation, payment methods, shipping methods, checkout customization, order fulfillment, and more.
- Migrated millions of records of catalog data, orders data, customers, subscriptions from legacy systems to new Magento Enterprise implementations.
- Built Magento integrations for various third-party systems using different APIs, like SOAP and REST.
- Developed enhancements for multiple Magento payment subscription extensions dependent on PayPal, Authorize.NET, and CyberSource as payment processors.
- Defined the strategy and implemented automated test scenarios for subscription systems.
Web Developer | Technical Lead2009 - 2014Optaros
Technologies: Memcached, Varnish, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Magento, Python, Django
- Implemented new features and solved issues for a CMS developed in Django and Python to manage the main category page for a major US retailer.
- Built and executed performance tests in JMeter and similar tools.
- Implemented the infrastructure configuration and monitoring improvements.
- Installed features on a high-traffic Magento EE website. Features included custom shipping and payment methods, refunds, exchange workflow integrated with warehouse APIs, multi-level marketing rewarding logic, and customer segments.
Java Developer, Team Lead, Team Manager2004 - 2009Advanced Mobile Applications
Technologies: Django, Python, Qt, C++, J2ME, Java
- Developed J2ME applications and ported them on hundreds of mobile devices.
- Integrated mobile carriers API to support monthly recurrent charges payment model.
- Oversaw the development team allocation, project planning, and performance reviews.