Verified Expert in Engineering
Mark's primary work experience includes being the head of operations and product manager for a tech startup as well as several years of management consulting. He has an industrial engineering degree and an MBA from a top-10 institution. Mark is now pursuing his passion for software engineering and excels at building React-based progressive web applications.
The most amazing...
...skill I have is my background; thanks to a degree in industrial engineering, I bring process design expertise and a keen eye for innovation and brand strategy.
Head of Operations
- Acted as a product manager for a mobile beauty startup that catered to the travel industry by overseeing product enhancements, defining the roadmap, and ensuring a unified strategy across the executive team.
- Managed a team of six and oversaw strategy and operations, including program management, human resources, finance, analytics, sales, client relations, customer support, and daily operations.
- Oversaw the strategic direction of the flagship product to achieve a 42% revenue growth year over year.
- Wrote out PRDs and teamed up with CTO to ensure all updates met specifications and release deadlines.
- Discovered that 11% of monthly revenue was lost due to operational errors and implemented standardized process changes to achieve a 57% reduction in lost revenue.
- Audited accounts receivable and uncovered that 20% annual revenue was outstanding; then coded an invoicing tool for organized and improved process, bringing the A/R balance to less than 1% of annual revenue.
- Generated $29 million in annual savings for a multibillion-dollar health system by developing a VBA-coded tool that allowed the SVP of labor to consistently identify problem areas and focus cost reduction efforts.
- Led the analytics on a cross-functional consulting team of 20 in the builds of several VBA-based tools.
- Enhanced several processes through SQL and VBA coding—reducing the time by 80%.
- Maintained relationships with over 85 hospitals (users) on using proprietary productivity software.
- Enhanced several processes through SQL and VBA coding, creating up to 80% reduction in time.
- Conducted final software testing to ensure all updates were working from user perspective before roll-out.
Ask the Bartenderhttps://askthebartender.web.app/
Redux, React Native, Express.js
React, Google Maps API
Tableau, Expo, Excel 2010
Six Sigma, Behavioral Design, Human-centered Design (HCD)
Lean, Process Flows, Ergonomic Design, Simulations, Operations Research, Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Product Management, Brand Development, Strategy, Statistics, Experimental Design, Sales
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Business Administration
NYU Stern School of Business - New York, NY, United States
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering
Montana State University - Bozeman, MT, United States
Software Engineering Certification