Senior Software Engineer | Azure Software Developer2016 - PRESENTScubakiz LLC – Boulder, CO
Technologies: DevOps, Kubernetes, SQL, C#.NET
- Designed and deployed a microservices .NET Core application across multiple Docker container and deployed (using Azure DevOps) to an Azure Kubernetes Service cluster.
- Integrated Prometheus and Grafana into an AKS cluster to provide standardized monitoring across multiple clouds.
- Designed a hybrid-cloud solution to allow near-real-time syncing between Azure SQL and on-premise SQL Server.
- Designed and developed a Serverless Azure Functions pipeline that processes and distributes incoming messages through various Azure queues, NoSQL tables, and SQL databases.
- Optimized huge SQL database stored procedures and triggers to achieve an 80% improvement in performance.
- Optimized a multi-hour batch SQL processing job to run under five minutes.
- Integrated an Angular project with C# back-end into Azure Application Insight monitoring and Azure Log Analytics.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2019Medtronic
Technologies: SQL Server 2012, MVC Razor, C#.NET
- Assisted with the development of a web-based patient medical device monitoring application, which allows nurses to see vitals from all patients on their floor.
- Optimized many stored procedures, often achieving an order of magnitude performance improvements.
- Designed and developed a custom application to automate the creation, population, and migration of the entire database from previous versions of the application.
- Designed and developed a test data generation tool to help facilitate application stress testing and report development.
- Designed and developed a data export/import application to de-identify and transfer data between installations without compromising PHI (patient health information).
- Created custom forms with all necessary client-side jQuery functionality, which made REST API calls to web and reporting servers.
Senior Software Engineer2009 - 2016JAMMS Marketing Group, LLC
Technologies: MySQL, WordPress, PHP 5, WCF Web Services, ASP.NET MVC, C#.NET
- Developed a remote plugin, hosted on each remote website (using WordPress in PHP/MySQL), which sends periodic updates to the server via WCF REST message with status and user load information.
- Maintained a travel insurance webform site that allows customers to get a quote and purchase insurance in a completely unattended manner.
- Created a web services API which allowed resellers to access all policy/schedule and rate functionality.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2015EMC (Purchased by Dell)
Technologies: OData, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server 2008 R2, C#.NET, Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Assisted with the development of a patient relationship manager (named PRM) for Denver Health as a customization of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Built custom CRM workflows and external workflow activities to have the system respond to data-driven events.
- Created custom CRM entities to support the software's specialized design.
- Developed custom forms with all necessary client-side jQuery functionality, which often made web service calls or retrieved data from the CRM server using OData queries.
- Created SSIS ETL packages that synchronized CRM data with various databases in a Denver Health SQL data warehouse.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2014Experian
Technologies: Selenium, jQuery, MVC Razor, ASP.NET, C#.NET
- Assisted with the development of a mobile version of a website to allow users to sign up for the Experian CreditExpert service (UK version).
- Created dozens of Selenium tests to perform automated client-side testing of both the standalone and Tridion published versions of the website.
- Helped develop portions of the member portal of the CreditExpert service after the user signup.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2013Bankrate Insurance
Technologies: T-SQL, MVC Razor, ASP.NET, C#.NET
- Helped design and develop a distributed, message-based system using MVC 3 and NServiceBus to process financial data.
- Created SpecFlow integration tests to regression test the system from end to end.
- Developed automated test runners that process all unit and integration tests and published results to Confluence on a nightly basis.
Senior Software Engineer | Tech Lead2013 - 2013American Mortgage Consultants
Technologies: T-SQL, MVC Razor, ASP.NET, C#.NET
- Redesigned and developed an upgraded version of a time tracking site to allow users to track time spent reviewing mortgages.
- Helped maintain a mortgage review tracking website (legacy ASP.NET) and added many new reports and features.
- Managed half a dozen remote developers located at various locations throughout the world.
Senior Software Engineer | Tech Lead | Team Lead2011 - 2013Amadeus Consulting Group
Technologies: ActiveReports, jQuery, T-SQL, MVC Razor, ASP.NET, C#.NET
- Built and led a team that developed an ASP.NET MVC 3/jQuery application to manage students, mentors, and scholarships for disadvantaged kids attending college for free.
- Maintained a PHP Zend Framework for an order management system with a MySQL back end; this greatly improved the performance by moving heavy data access tasks to stored procedures.
- Optimized search and data mining features of a huge SQL Server database containing almost 90 million records; it took over 24 hours to match 20,000 records against the database, and after my work, it took less than two minutes.
- Hired and led a team that developed a UDP message analyzer, similar to Wire Shark, to allow users to track and capture proprietary messages going across a distributed network. This work was done for a government research facility.
Senior Software Engineer2010 - 2012Environmental Resource Associates
Technologies: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), T-SQL, ASP.NET MVC, C#.NET
- Designed and developed an application to manage server-based reports written in ActiveReports and SSRS.
- Developed and maintained a large collection of SSIS ETL packages that transfer large amounts of business data from several independent business units into a single unified data warehouse database for offline reporting.
- Created a web service to generate multiple simultaneous reports in the background while providing the user with progress updates.