Verified Expert in Engineering
Performance Optimization Developer
Mark has been a website and app developer for twenty years now, from high-end corporate projects (Time Warner, New York Life, StarMedia) at the beginning of his career to focusing on boutique Magento eCommerce sites over the last eight years. He has excelled in site and concept development, information architecture, marketing, and business development/strategy. The combination of different disciplines give him a privileged perspective.
CSS, HTML, Joomla, WordPress, Magento
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on is the first edition of CopaMundial.com, where we had to tie in and synchronize content deployment in concert with AFP photos in real time.
- Developed and managed more than 25 Magento stores.
Professional Services Consultant
- Provided support and development services to one of the UK's best regarded Magento specialized hosts.
- Delivered critical support for store owners during business hours.
- Completed various redesigns for store owners seeking to modernize their stores.
- Customized extensions on a turnkey basis.
- Processed countless Magento upgrades.
- AUXout.com – Worked as a business developer for an eCommerce and catalog site for an Italian luxury speaker manufacturer.
- Blue Note Jazz Club – Handled business development / new franchises for European markets.
- BlueNote.net– Handled business development / new franchises for European markets.
- Highline Ballroom – Created the corporate identity, print materials, and website for a New York music venue.
- Ivranet Sistemas – Created various web development projects for 3rd party clients.
- McCoyTyner.com – Redesigned the website of a legendary jazz pianist.
- Acotel S.A. – Designed the new information security department. Created the product & service offering, as well as the pricing for immediate integration into sales channels.
- Big Apple Sports (basfranchises.com) – Revised a QBasic codebase written in 1982 to output data to web instead of printer-only.
- Redesigned the website along with the marketing plan to increase sales.
REYES INFOGRÁFICA S.A.
- Oversaw marketing, sales, business development, commercial strategy, & alliances/partnerships.
- Analyzed markets & developed/deployed the marketing plan with a staff of 4. Designed customer support & satisfaction programs.
- Developed a landmark deal with Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana as the first technology partner of Milan's Fashion Week.
- Created & implemented sales channels (education, professoinal, industrial, end user).
- Analyzed markets & developed/deployed the marketing plan with a staff of 4.
- Designed customer support & satisfaction programs.
- Partnered with Hewlett Packard (HP) for the launch at SIMO 2005.
Director of Business Development & Strategic Alliances
- Managed worldwide marketing, sales, & business development efforts through pre-sales initiatives & technology platform promotion.
- Directed the marketing budget & educated the sales force.
- Reviewed & defined prospective companies for M&A consideration. Reported to the President. Was a member of the executive committee.
- Forged relationships with global security organizations, customers, prospects, & distributors.
- Built relationships with KPNQwest, Cable & Wireless, and Tiscali, and created alliances which resulted in new opportunities for product development, sales, integration, and investment discussions.
- Partnered with heads of technology and sales to conduct market research create a product development map.
- Redefined the product approach to meet industry demands & created value-added offers.
- Created marketing excitement about new services by evangelizing company value & engaging premier analyst groups.
- Earned a reputation for our efforts as a company to watch.
Magento Community Edition, Magento, WordPress, WooCommerce, Joomla, osCommerce, OpenCart, Joomla 3, Oracle, Drupal
Front-end, Performance Optimization, Zen Cart, HTML UI, WordPress Multisite, ZenCart, IT, Tools, 3D, Spree Commerce
Google Analytics, MySQL Workbench, PrestaShop, GitHub
Incomplete Degree in International Corporate Finance
Brandeis University - Waltham, MA
Core Principles for Theming in Magento 2
Magento Performance and System Administration
Stepping Up Sales with Magento Promotions and Discounts
Intro to Magento Order Management System
Managing Your Magento 2 Store v2.2
Managing Your Magento 2 Store-Unit 1: Introduction
Growing Your Business with SEO on Magento
Multisite Planning for Your Magento Store
Responsive Web Design in Magento 2