C Developer in United States
Lead Game Developer2011 - PRESENTEyeWire
- Designed all aspects (sans logo) of a crowdsourcing website sustaining over 50,000 registered players.
- Drafted and implemented game logic and data APIs.
- Coded the entire front-end, including a high performance data pre-fetcher and WebGL-shader based 3D painting engine.
- Developed automated backend software to combine the distributed efforts of players into macroscopic 3D neuronal reconstructions.
- Designed and built tools for in-house experts to rapidly validate the crowd's input.
- Optimized site performance, including designing efficient database queries and schemas, setting up a distributed backend, configuring our load balancer, and setting up memcached and CDN caching.
Research Assistant2009 - 2011Seung Lab, MIT
Technologies: C, CUDA, MATLAB, Java
- Optimized a library of existing code to obtain 10x-100x speedups with CUDA, achieving up to 50% of the theoretical maximum computational power for given hardware.
- Developed new topological space to facilitate the use of improved image processing algorithms.
- Designed visualization software for the design and analysis of artificial neural net architectures.
- Developed an OpenGL-based prototype for viewing large scale reconstructions of 3D neurons.
- Taught sections of students about machine learning and image processing algorithms.
- EyeWire (Development)http://eyewire.org
This is an HTML5 based neuroscience crowdsourcing platform for amateur neuroscientists to come together and help map the connections in the brain.
- EmailHush (Development)
This is a productivity boosting tool that allows users to schedule when they receive mail from specified parties. Using Google APIs, the web app interacts with Gmail and Google Calendar to hold and release mail on a schedule.
Libraries/APIsThree.js, WebGL, jQuery, Backbone.js, Underscore.js
ToolsAdobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
StorageMySQL, Memcached, MongoDB, Cassandra, NoSQL
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), AngularJS
- Bachelor's degree in Physics2007 - 2011Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Cambridge, MA