Lead Game Developer2011 - PRESENTEyeWire
- Designed all aspects (sans logo) of a crowdsourcing website sustaining over 50,000 registered players.
- Drafted and implemented game logic and data APIs.
- Coded the entire front-end, including a high performance data pre-fetcher and WebGL-shader based 3D painting engine.
- Developed automated backend software to combine the distributed efforts of players into macroscopic 3D neuronal reconstructions.
- Designed and built tools for in-house experts to rapidly validate the crowd's input.
- Optimized site performance, including designing efficient database queries and schemas, setting up a distributed backend, configuring our load balancer, and setting up memcached and CDN caching.
Research Assistant2009 - 2011Seung Lab, MIT
Technologies: C, CUDA, MATLAB, Java
- Optimized a library of existing code to obtain 10x-100x speedups with CUDA, achieving up to 50% of the theoretical maximum computational power for given hardware.
- Developed new topological space to facilitate the use of improved image processing algorithms.
- Designed visualization software for the design and analysis of artificial neural net architectures.
- Developed an OpenGL-based prototype for viewing large scale reconstructions of 3D neurons.
- Taught sections of students about machine learning and image processing algorithms.