CTO | Co-founder | Lead Developer2014 - PRESENTTradle
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Serverless, AWS, Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), AWS CloudFormation, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, AWS IoT, React Native, Node.js
- Designed and implemented serverless deployment that can be monitored and updated while running completely under the customer's own AWS account.
- Built an adapter to DynamoDB that uses index overloading to allow an arbitrary number of data models to be stored in one table, each indexed on its own model-specific properties, with support for re-indexing.
- Designed and implemented a plugin-based real-time chat bot framework using AWS IoT.
- Created a set of nested CloudFormation stacks for deploying architecture as code, as well as an update mechanism and CLI to manage configuration, updates, and rollbacks post-deployment.
- Designed and implemented adapters to the Ethereum and Bitcoin blockchains.
- Authored a number of open-source native modules for React Native for crypto, networking (UDP), and storage.
- Authored an open source dev tool, rn-nodeify, and a set of shims that enable a Node.js-like environment in React Native. These open source components are now used by production apps (not just ours).
- Designed and implemented a cryptographic protocol.
- Authored plugins for the Serverless framework.
Software Engineer (Node.js and Data Pipelines)2019 - 2019Moneyhub Financial Technology Ltd (via Toptal)
Technologies: Data Pipelines, PySpark, AWS Glue, Amazon QuickSight, Amazon Athena, AWS Lambda, AWS Step Functions, Node.js
- Created a serverless ETL pipeline using AWS CloudFormation, Step Functions, Lambda, and Glue.
- Built SQL views in AWS Athena and AWS QuickSight.
- Created scripts for customizing the stack and generating scaffolding for new ETL jobs.
Lead Developer2012 - 2014Urbien
Technologies: WebRTC, Backbone.js
- Built a zero-dep web framework for single-page applications (SPAs) with resource-loading optimization, offline storage using IndexedDB, social login/registration via multiple networks as well as plugins for maps and WebRTC.
- Developed apps for hackathons based on that framework.
Developer2011 - 2012Obval
- Integrated with multiple Russian payment processors: Robokassa and QIWI Terminal.
- Integrated with multiple American and Russian social networks for login, registration, and contact list priming.