Verified Expert in Engineering
Mark is an experienced developer and software architect specializing in Node.js, TypeScript, React Native, and AWS. Most of his code is open source; you can see more at his GitHub in his portfolio. Besides having tons of technical expertise under his belt and a degree from MIT, Mark also knows what's crucial to a project's success—the ability to reach the client for clarifications and a feedback loop to make sure expectations align with progress.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...software I've built was a software-as-infrastructure serverless deployment for a blockchain-augmented chat app for onboarding at financial institutions.
CTO | Co-founder | Lead Developer
- Designed and implemented serverless deployment that can be monitored and updated while running completely under the customer's own AWS account.
- Built an adapter to DynamoDB that uses index overloading to allow an arbitrary number of data models to be stored in one table, each indexed on its own model-specific properties, with support for re-indexing.
- Designed and implemented a plugin-based real-time chat bot framework using AWS IoT.
- Created a set of nested CloudFormation stacks for deploying architecture as code, as well as an update mechanism and CLI to manage configuration, updates, and rollbacks post-deployment.
- Designed and implemented adapters to the Ethereum and Bitcoin blockchains.
- Authored a number of open-source native modules for React Native for crypto, networking (UDP), and storage.
- Authored an open source dev tool, rn-nodeify, and a set of shims that enable a Node.js-like environment in React Native. These open source components are now used by production apps (not just ours).
- Designed and implemented a cryptographic protocol.
- Authored plugins for the Serverless framework.
Software Engineer (Node.js and Data Pipelines)
Moneyhub Financial Technology Ltd (via Toptal)
- Created a serverless ETL pipeline using AWS CloudFormation, Step Functions, Lambda, and Glue.
- Built SQL views in AWS Athena and AWS QuickSight.
- Created scripts for customizing the stack and generating scaffolding for new ETL jobs.
- Built a zero-dep web framework for single-page applications (SPAs) with resource-loading optimization, offline storage using IndexedDB, social login/registration via multiple networks as well as plugins for maps and WebRTC.
- Developed apps for hackathons based on that framework.
- Integrated with multiple Russian payment processors: Robokassa and QIWI Terminal.
- Integrated with multiple American and Russian social networks for login, registration, and contact list priming.
Open Source Contributionshttps://github.com/mvayngrib?utf8=%E2%9C%93&tab=repositories&q=&type=fork&language=
Node.js Shim for React Nativehttps://github.com/tradle/rn-nodeify
Serverless Framework Plugin that Emulates AWS IoThttps://github.com/tradle/serverless-iot-local
React Native Markdown-based Rendererhttps://github.com/tradle/rn-markdown
React Native, Redux, Express.js, Koa
Node.js, React, Backbone.js, PySpark, WebRTC
AWS CLI, AWS SDK, AWS CloudFormation, NPM, AWS IAM, Webpack, AWS Step Functions, Amazon Athena, Amazon QuickSight, AWS Glue, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
AWS Lambda, AWS IoT, Docker, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Android, iOS
Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Data Pipelines
React Native Bridge, Code Architecture, Serverless, OAuth
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
MIT | Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Cambridge, MA, USA