Verified Expert in Engineering
Marko is an experienced software engineer with over eight years of experience designing and developing client and server-side code for web applications in PHP, Node.js, and Java. During this time, he has developed custom service-oriented web applications, web content miners, content management systems, and recommender systems.
MacOS, Linux, Git, PhpStorm
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a profitable cryptocurrency trading bot in Node.js.
- Handled business and product development. Received pre-seed funding and support from the Raising Starts program, implemented by Science Technology Park Belgrade, with the help of the Government of Switzerland.
- Developed a real estate investment data analysis platform. Developed tools for visualizing and analyzing the real estate sales and rental market, including historical data, traditional and Airbnb pricing, occupancy rates, seasonality trends, and more.
- Automated calculations and estimations for real estate revenue potential, cost assumptions, cash flow calculations, and financial and purchase investment analysis.
- Managed project's server architecture design and integration. Created web scrapers that utilize rotating proxy servers.
- Implemented Denmark's government-approved login and signing protocols (NemID and MitID).
- Implemented multiple bank APIs for applying, obtaining, signing, and managing bank application loans.
- Developed detailed statistics, reporting, and analysis tools. Implemented machine learning algorithms for detecting the outcome of the application process.
- Helped migrate legacy PHP code to Laravel framework.
- Managed database migrations and Shopify integration.
- Developed front-end features for the web application.
- Led a team of nine developers in developing a social media platform for web, iOS, and Android and a CMS app supporting it.
- Developed content recommender systems that deliver highly personalized content according to every individual’s specific interests and extensive statistical data gathered by the system.
- Managed server architecture setup and implemented third-party services such as Amazon EC2, S3, and CloudFront, and Firebase.
Sukhi's Gourmet Indian Foods
- Created an internal website for managing sales for a large food company.
- Implemented KoolPHP framework for Excel UI controls over database data.
- Created a tool for importing and validating large sets of CSV data into the database.
- Performed database optimization for analyzing extremely large data sets, big data.
The Wine Club Site
- Created a customer signup system for a wine club management solution.
- Built and maintained an API for the web application.
- Developed an API for a mobile app. Implemented various UI/UX features.
- Implemented Stripe payment and RocketShipIt shipping APIs.
PHP Back-end Engineer
- Developed an API that manipulates big data at the company to calculate different metrics for solar panel installation at a specific location.
- Implemented admin roles and API for managing the data and metrics involved in calculations.
- Worked on migrating large sets of data from CSV files into MongoDB. Implemented an API for online document signing.
- Managed and developed the company's internal information system.
- Created an online document signing system (similar to DocuSign now).
- Managed and developed a system for a video streaming service digested by major media platforms, such as Xbox, Android, Sony, and others—Screen Media Films and Popcornflix. Implemented Brightcove API for video streaming.
- Implemented various UI/UX features on the video streaming service's front end.
Co-founder and Developer
- Managed all company projects and a team of eight people.
- Developed a custom service-oriented web application for comparing product prices in large Serbian supermarkets. Created the single-page web app, highly optimized with an admin panel to manage content.
- Developed numerous WordPress-based websites and custom themes. Worked on database modeling and query optimization. Developed numerous static websites and implemented front-end scripts for dynamic content.
ISUM (Metropolitan Universities Information System)
The application uses JSON-RPC for client-server communication. The admin panel is a custom CMS for managing a supermarket and its products, with a web content parser for parsing prices from supermarket websites, PDFs, XML, and CSV documents.
Handled business and product development, finances, marketing, and sales. Received pre-seed funding and support from the Raising Starts program, implemented by Science Technology Park Belgrade, with the help of the Government of Switzerland.
Laravel, Slim, Smarty, Hibernate, Tapestry, Bootstrap, Symfony, Bootstrap 3
MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, JSON, Google Cloud, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Microsoft SQL Server, Neo4j
Node.js, Vue, jQuery UI, Instagram API, Twitter API, jQuery, Facebook API, Google+ API, Scikit-learn, Amazon EC2 API, Shopify API, TensorFlow
Git, GitLab, KoolPHP, Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), Cron, Supervisor, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Adobe Photoshop, PhpStorm, Subversion (SVN), Sybase PowerDesigner, Mercurial, MySQL Workbench, GitLab CI/CD, Google Stackdriver, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Firebase Authentication, Geocoding, GIS
REST, Model View Controller (MVC), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Amazon EC2, Linux, Windows, WordPress, Kubernetes, Heroku
Ajax, Machine Learning, Firebase Hosting, Firebase Cloud Functions, Google BigQuery, Business Development, Web Marketing, Sales, Financing, Statistical Analysis, Product Development, Scraping, Augmented Reality (AR), Recommendation Systems, System Design, Geospatial Analytics, Finance
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems
Metropolitan University - Belgrade
Machine Learning Specialization
Stanford University | Via Coursera