Verified Expert in Engineering
Marko is a software developer with more than seven years of experience in the video game industry. While most of his work was done using Unity, he has also worked with custom in-house engines and environments. Marko's work is closely tied to system architecture, game AI, gameplay mechanics, physics, VR solutions for commercial applications, networking, and multiplayer games.
Unity, Visual Studio, Windows, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...experience I've had is working as the only developer in a small prototyping team and creating a working multiplayer 3D shooter game in just six months.
Senior Unity Developer and System Architect
Three Swords Studio
- Redesigned and refactored an existing codebase architecture on a live mobile game.
- Developed multiplayer server authoritative architecture and gameplay features for an existing mobile game.
- Scaled and extended the existing back-end infrastructure to support multiplayer matchmaking and other necessary features and functionalities.
- Integrated and deployed multiplayer game servers on the Azure PlayFab infrastructure using Docker images.
Senior Unity VR Developer and System Architect
- Created commercial business-facing AR/VR applications.
- Implemented modular code architecture from the ground up that could be reused across multiple projects.
- Built several VR game prototypes, some of which have entered the production phase.
- Participated in game design processes for various VR game prototypes.
Senior Unity Developer
- Developed gameplay mechanics in mobile games and worked on improving custom game engine functionality.
- Contributed to an Agile prototyping team that implemented and tested various game design ideas and prototypes.
- Helped streamline the game design process and gameplay features testing by developing custom tools.
- Contributed to a small Agile prototyping team that developed and tested game concepts and ideas within short time frames.
- Implemented multiplayer architecture and solutions in prototype projects.
- Developed modular code architecture and custom Unity tools that enabled quick iteration and testing of various game design concepts.
Senior Unity Developer
Black Ring United
- Built a sports training app used by coaches and players to define and review match tactics.
- Assisted in developing a server-client architecture for a unified app experience across multiple clients.
- Implemented client VR representation and interaction in sports match plans and actions.
- Programmed general gameplay mechanics, player and character controllers, skills, and abilities in an action RPG game.
- Implemented AI and modeling based on game design requirements.
- Utilized editor scripting in Unity to create tools used by game designers for game data management and customization.
Blade Bouncer 2: Revolutionhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.threeswords.bladebouncerrevolution&hl=en&gl=US
Unity3D, Unity, Unity2D
Git, Visual Studio, PlayFab
Virtual Reality (VR), Game AI, Game Development, Multiplayer, Gameplay Development, Mobile Game Development, 3D Games, System Architecture, Augmented Reality (AR), HTC Vive, Prototyping, Game Design, Philosophy, Critical Thinking
Oculus, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Windows, Docker
Bachelor's Degree in Philosophy
University of Belgrade, Faculty of Philosophy - Belgrade, Serbia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring