Full-stack Programmer2019 - PRESENTDerron Blake (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Redux, Node.js, Python, Python Eve, Flask, MongoDB, Zeplin, Asana
- Developed a website that allows a user the possibility to offer/book services online. The project was developed from scratch with no previously formed structure, source control, coding style, and technologies.
- Worked as a single architect and full-stack programmer.
- Built the website as an MVP solution which means it was developed as quickly as possible.
C++ Programmer2019 - 2019Pulse Perfect Image (via Toptal)
Technologies: C++, CMake, CTest, Centos, Boost
- Implemented an import/export library for custom graphical objects using C++.
- Created an internal unit testing framework based on Boost and implemented various tests for export and import functions.
- Wrote CMake and Bash scripts for build/test process automation.
Programmer2019 - 2019Ubisoft
Technologies: Windows, Visual Studio, C++, C#, Perforce, Sharpmake
- Worked on world-renown games such as Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint.
- Successfully and often integrated large amounts of code (~2,000 files at a time) into a game repository, manipulated files, and solved conflicts using Perforce.
- Refactored a big system in the game by cleaning the code and making the system more adaptive to further improvements; also removed around 50% of the previously present code.
- Mentored other programmers and shared knowledge.
- Visited and worked in big international studios in Paris and Bucharest and gained valuable remote collaboration experience.
Junior Programmer2017 - 2019Ubisoft
Technologies: Windows, C++, Perforce
- Worked as gameplay programmer on a famous game called Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands which is played by more than 10 million players.
- Implemented almost all of the concepts for Extraction PVP Game Mode. Mastered gameplay development with peer-to-peer networking and the Entity component system which is mostly used architectural pattern in game development.
- Implemented PVP classes Guerrilla & Toxic, spectator mode, join on the fly and other UI, HUD and gameplay features. Mastered event handling and created complex managers for handling peer-to-peer network challenges.
- Provided support and closely worked with UI artists, UX designers, and level designers on multiple features. Created scalable solutions enabling designers to make high-level configurations and change behaviors without code change.
- Worked remotely with a large international team located in Bucharest.
- Built tracking features.
Hardware and Software Engineer2016 - 2016Maxeler Technologies
Technologies: Linux, Git, C, Java, Python
- Provided support for easier usage of Max.Java programming language.
- Reflected on different IDEs and their features.
- Reconciled and integrated code from multiple packages.
- Wrote MaxJava applications and tests for them.
- Ran apps on accelerators.
- Wrote a book called DataFlow Supercomputing Essentials which was published by Springer. The book is centered around DFE and Max.Java applications.