Full-stack Developer2021 - PRESENTABAG
Technologies: NestJS, AWS DynamoDB, Dynamoose, GraphQL, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Apollo Server, Serverless, Bcrypt, Ethers.js, PDFLib, Jest, Cron, SuperTest, ESLint, Material-UI, React, React Redux, Formik, i18n, React Router, SWR, Vercel, TypeScript, SaaS, Husky, Architecture, Blockchain, SendGrid, Jira, ClickUp, GitHub
- Refactored a front-end application by introducing Material-UI components and reengineering the complete architecture to make the code readable, scalable, and optimized for specific usage.
- Refactored a back-end application by switching to AWS DynamoDB, Dynamoose, NestJS, and GraphQL stack and reengineering the complete architecture to make the code clean, readable, scalable, and optimized for specific usage.
- Introduced and engineered code modules shared between the front and back ends to remove redundancy and make the code more scalable.
- Integrated SendGrid email service and completed the migration from Apollo client to SWR. Implemented a scalable module for back-end communication, allowing queries management and uniform query/mutation execution with customized result processing.
Full-stack Developer2020 - PRESENTEnigmatry
- Collaborated in the migration of the application kernel code from the old (Borland C++) to the new (C++, Emscripten, WASM, Angular, Electron) environment.
- Refactored multiple systems successfully (different types of simulation data generation) and made improvements to the code according to the newest C++ standards. These were both high and low-level, like completely altering the old data types.
- Developed a simple, project-specific test environment and provided multiple tests for the kernel code features and migration, necessary due to WASM limitations which makes kernel code hard to debug from the application itself.
- Implemented multiple front-end features, most of which are meant to allow the user to analyze the results of the simulation. The most valuable ones are trajectories and contours graph generation, analyze-while-simulating, and undo/redo features.
Full-stack Programmer2019 - 2020Derron Blake (via Toptal)
- Developed a website that allows users to offer and book services online. The project was developed from scratch, with no previous structure, source control, coding style, or technologies.
- Worked as a single architect and full-stack programmer.
- Built the website as an MVP solution, which means it was developed as quickly as possible.
- Deployed a solution to the Google Cloud platform for testing purposes.
C++ Programmer2019 - 2019Pulse Perfect Image (via Toptal)
Technologies: Architecture, Patterns, Shell Scripting, Standard Template Library (STL), Bash Script, Scientific Computing, Procedural Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Code Review, Software Development, Linux, Bash, Visual Studio, GitLab, Microsoft Visual Studio, C, Back-end, Software, Git, Boost, CentOS, CTest, CMake, C++
- Implemented an import/export library for custom graphical objects using C++.
- Created an internal unit testing framework based on Boost and implemented various tests for export and import functions.
- Wrote CMake and Bash scripts for build/test process automation.
Programmer2019 - 2019Ubisoft
Technologies: Gaming, UI, Front-end, Patterns, Procedural Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Code Review, Software Development, Jira, Microsoft Visual Studio, C, Back-end, Software, Algorithms, Game Development, Sharpmake, Perforce, C#, C++, Visual Studio, Windows
- Worked on world-renown games such as Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint.
- Integrated large amounts of code ( around 2,000 files at a time) successfully and frequently into a game repository, manipulated files, and solved conflicts using Perforce.
- Refactored a large system in the game by cleaning the code and making the system more adaptive to further improvements. Removed around 50% of the previously present code.
- Mentored other programmers and shared knowledge with other studios.
- Visited and worked in big international studios in Paris and Bucharest and gained valuable remote collaboration experience.
Junior Programmer2017 - 2019Ubisoft
Technologies: Gaming, Procedural Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Code Review, Software Development, Visual Studio, User Interface (UI), Full-stack, Jira, Microsoft Visual Studio, C, Back-end, Software, Game Development, Perforce, C++, Windows
- Worked as a gameplay programmer on a famous game called Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, played by more than 10 million players.
- Implemented almost all of the concepts for Extraction PVP Game Mode. Mastered gameplay development with peer-to-peer networking and the entity component system which is the most used architectural pattern in game development.
- Implemented PVP classes Guerrilla and Toxic, spectator mode, join-on-the-fly and other UI, HUD, and gameplay features. Mastered event handling and created complex managers for handling peer-to-peer network challenges.
- Provided support and closely worked with UI artists, UX designers, and level designers on multiple features. Created scalable solutions enabling designers to make high-level configurations and change behaviors without code changes.
- Worked remotely with a large international team located in Bucharest.
Hardware and Software Engineer2016 - 2016Maxeler Technologies
Technologies: Eclipse IDE, Dataflow Programming, Procedural Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Code Review, Software Development, Kubernetes, Docker, Python 3, GitLab, GitHub, Back-end, Software, Algorithms, Python, Java, C, Git, Linux
- Provided support for easier usage of the MaxJava programming language. Wrote MaxJava applications and tests for them. Ran apps on accelerators.
- Reconciled and integrated code from multiple packages.
- Wrote a book called "DataFlow Supercomputing Essentials," published by Springer. The book is centered around DFE and MaxJava applications.