Verified Expert in Engineering
Martin is a full-stack developer with a solid background in data analytics and development using Python, as well as Flutter skills for developing Android and iOS mobile applications and Ruby on Rails for web applications. Primarily using test-driven development, Martin has handled complex projects for fast-paced fintech, pharmaceutical, and industrial clients such as Innpact, GSK, Siemens, and recently, Belgium's banks, with an application managing more than $50 billion in fund investments.
Flutter, Ruby, Python, Dart, Ruby on Rails (RoR), PostgreSQL, Git
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is an internal fund investment management tool that helped employees manage $50 billion of funds invested in ethical projects.
The Forward Thinking Company, LLC.
- Created a performant test framework allowing developers to easily create unit and end-to-end tests in the mobile and web application.
- Improved and executed the CI/CD and release procedures to decrease deployment time and increase the quality and credibility of the code delivered to production.
- Developed a KPI analysis package normalizing a massive set of data and combining it into useful KPIs. The data was shown through various graphics, providing a better understanding of the story behind it at a glance.
Mobile and Web Application Developer
- Developed mobile applications in Flutter for fintech, pharmaceutical, and government industries.
- Handled back-end data analysis services in Python.
- Managed the project planning, scopes, budgets, and delivery using management tools and methodologies, such as Scrum/Agile, Kanban, Excel, Figma, etc.
- Developed microservices in Python to collect, normalize, process, and analyze data from CNC machines in industrial plants.
- Worked with a test-driven development (TDD) methodology by testing all the microservices created in Python and enhancing the automatic test framework when needed, as data processing was a critical aspect of the client business.
- Delivered IAs to detect and schedule preventive maintenance on CNC machines based on the analysis of the CNC sensor data.
- Developed mobile and web applications with Flutter, Node.js, Tailwind CSS, and TypeScript to help industrial plant managers monitor real-time KPIs, such as the OEE of their CNC machines.
Australian Bus and Truck Care
- Increased the plant's production rate by 150% in two years by applying a lean strategy to the processes in the workshop.
- Decreased the number of major incidents in the plant from 1.2 to 0.3 a week in two years.
- Met daily with workshop team leaders to evaluate the work strategy and keep track of weekly objectives.
- Managed clients, workers, budgets, and deadlines using Jira, Kanban chart, Xeros, and Excel.
- Fixed bugs and upgraded deprecated dependencies as part of the mobile application maintenance team.
- Worked with the French headquarter in a fully remote position with weekly meetings to assess the priority of the tickets to be handled.
- Managed the CI/CD deployment pipeline and app deployment workflow.
Flutter Web and Mobile Application
• Created a performant test framework allowing developers to easily create unit and end-to-end tests in the mobile and web application.
• Improved and executed the CI/CD and release procedures to decrease deployment time and increase the quality and credibility of the code delivered to production.
• Developed a KPI analysis package normalizing a massive set of data and combining it into useful KPIs. The data was shown through various graphics, providing a better understanding of the story behind it at a glance.
Easypharm iOS and Android App
I developed the front end of the application using Flutter based on a design sprint conducted with the client. I was also the technical lead managing the back end and infrastructure team. My role was to design the project's infrastructure and guide the team through the solution. The back-end structure used AWS Lightsail, SQL database, GraphQL API, automated CI/CD, and Firebase mobile notification services.
Fund Investment Tool for iOS
The application was divided into two: first, a web data analysis application created in Ruby on Rails allowing managers to connect their funds with real-time data feeds given by external sources and analyze associated KPIs. The second was a mobile application notifying the investment manager of any abnormal or pertinent status of the fund, helping them micro-managing each fund when needed.
Because each error or bug from the web/mobile application could result in huge losses, the test coverage of the apps was essential, and test-driven development was used to increase this confidence in my work.
Preventive Maintenance Detection for Siemens
Industrial Plants Manager Dashboards
Flutter, Ruby on Rails (RoR), React Native, Next.js, Tailwind CSS
REST APIs, Node.js, React, jQuery, Sidekiq
Git, GitHub, Jira, WebView, RSpec, Microsoft Visual C++, Great Plains Accounting Software, Figma, Notion, Xero, Fastlane
Agile, Scrum, Mobile Development, Web Architecture, Cross-platform, REST, Microservices, Kanban, Test-driven Development (TDD), ETL
iOS, Android, Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure, Docker
Google Cloud, MySQL, Databases, JSON, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Dell Boomi, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Master's Degree in Software Engineering
Université Catholique de Louvain-la-Neuve - Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium