Chief Technology Officer2019 - 2019Squirrel Financial Wellbeing
Technologies: Firebase, MySQL, Kubernetes, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Go
- Defined a new version of the personal finance management product with the CEO and product owners.
- Estimated the feasibility and timelines of a new version of a fintech product.
- Consulted on the uses of the Google cloud platform and pushed for obtaining credits for free usage.
- Performed hands-on coding of the initial MVP.
- Led the interactions with the mobile developer and defined mobile technologies (React Native, Firebase).
Tech Lead2018 - 2019Infinity Works Consulting
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), GRPC, Grafana, Prometheus, Terraform, Spring, Kotlin, Kubernetes, AWS
- Built the infrastructure from scratch on AWS with Terraform.
- Hired front-end and back-end engineers.
- Actively developed a back-end API through microservices on Kubernetes.
- Built CI pipeline, established engineering practices, and participated in the product definition with product managers and company directors at the client site.
- Supported other teams on best practices regarding infrastructure, architecture, and agile methodologies through tech talks and direct consulting.
Back-end Lead Engineer2016 - 2018Tide Platform
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Aurora, MySQL, AWS, Hibernate, Spring, Java
- Hired 20 among back-end, full-stack, and web developers in London and Sofia.
- Directly reported to chief officers during CTO's absence of various months and participated in critical product and vendor decisions.
- Was directly involved in the development of the initial MVP that led to a $14-million Series A round.
- Refactored a raw Java project into Spring-service-oriented architecture.
- Achieved automated test coverage up from 10% to 80%.
- Reduced test/deploy cycle from three weeks to 15 minutes.
- Contributed to banking integrations and payments processing development and architecture.
- Developed real-time currency conversion capabilities on the banking platform.
Software Architect | Software Developer2015 - 2016Avalia
- Managed the project and performed quality assurance for building a real estate web platform.
- Built an online payment gateway using the German banking protocol, HBCI/FinTS.
- Integrated the payments processor GPS.
- Built tools for digital publications such as XML transformations.
- Managed relationships with different clients specifically about project bootstrapping and architecture.
Full-stack Web Developer2011 - 2015Freelance Work
- Built an online translation platform currently used by Merck.
- Managed translation projects.
- Served as a project manager of the book publishing projects, the Merck Manuals.
- Implemented tools for statistical analysis and quality management of translation.
- Developed tools for live rendering of digital publication and XML conversions.
- Interacted face to face and remotely with the client's customers in Milan, Paris, and the US.