Python Developer2013 - 2016Stayful (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Underscore.js, jQuery, MongoDB, Jenkins CI
- Worked on a highly responsive website by using jQuery, Underscore.js, and some other nifty tools in the Front-End.
- Connected the back-end application to MongoDB for improved performance.
- Created several website crawlers to get data points needed for the site.
- Developed unit tests to maintain a stable codebase, connected to Jenkins CI for continuous integration and regression testing.
- Came up with an extranet for easier communication with hoteliers to enter their rooms information.
Python Developer2012 - 2012Storytree.me (via toptal)
Technologies: Python, RabbitMQ, AWS
- Reworked the signup process to include new web pages, tracking of users, conversion to paid users, and other metrics.
- Implemented A/B testing to capture the conversion rate and other metrics.
- Utilized Celery and other underlying technologies connected with RabbitMQ, Memcached, and MySQL running on top of RDS (AWS).
- Created a RESTful API to interact with the mobile version of the application (iOS) in an easy manner.
- Connected the back-end to Zencoder service to handle media conversion for the final user.
- Improved the response time of the website and the iOS application by adding cached objects and an asynchronous tasks queue.
Python Developer2012 - 2012Santex America
- Developed web features in Python using Django and Django non-rel on Google App Engine, Web app framework, and HRD (High Replication Datastore).
- Used Django non-rel and Web app back-end along with a jQuery, HTML, and CSS3 front-end.
- Developed a document library for SEC reporting that allowed users to upload sensitive documents for sharing with in-house teams.
- Developed a project management tool that allowed a user to manage relevant human resources (e.g., hours worked by certain individuals) in a project, along with the user's own assignments.
Developer2011 - 2012wAirHouse (via toptal)
Technologies: PyQt4, CouchDB, JSON, Tornado, CouchDB
- Developed social networking application using PyQt4, CouchDB, JSON, and Tornado (async web server) that lets user add contacts and distribute content across a torrent-like network.
- Included a rich file previewer to open PDF and image (JPG/GIF/PNG) files in same application.
- Embedded a commenting system in same application to enable user comments for content; contents were then fed into a "newsfeed".
- Implemented a filesystem watcher to detect content changes and update parts of the UI correspondingly.
- Connected CouchDB with the UI via using a simple interface with Tornado, map/reduce to massage the data and retrieve documents appropriately.
Developer, System Administration2010 - 2012IBM
Technologies: PHP, Python, Bash, Ksh, PyQt4
- Developed several internal tools using PHP, Python (PyQt4 libraries, among others), bash, and ksh.
- Built a PHP web application consisting of a SRM (Server Resources Manager) statistics analyzer that, given an input obtained from the SRM Portal, collected and outputted all statistics using tables.
- Created a Python application that used PyQt4 on the front-end. Through calls to an API, communicated with a ServiceNow.com instance to retrieve tickets assigned to a team. Automatic dispatch based on specific rules was configurable.
Scripts Developer2009 - 2010Hewlett Packard
Technologies: Perl, PNR, EDW
- Developed a Perl scripting for processing PNR (Passenger Name Records) for American Airlines's EDW (Enterprise Datawarehouse) department.
- Tied together several scripts to process in-transit PNRs, collect statistics for flights and passengers.
- Created several scripts that interacted with C programs for heavy computation. All output was then stored in a centralized data warehouse for later use in statistical analysis and reporting.
Developer, System Administration2007 - 2009Communication Partner SRL
Technologies: Gentoo, Debian, Asterisk, OpenSER, PHP, MySQL, Perl, Bash, Tcl, Python
- Developed, as well as locally and remotely administrated telecommunication equipment. Specific focus on internet, telephony (VoIP, analog telephony), and television. Additionally, administrated Linux servers (Gentoo, Debian).
- Used Asterisk, OpenSER and several other VoIP applications to deploy cheap VoIP networks throughout Argentina.
- Developed ISP management tool using PHP/MySQL, as well as Perl, bash, Tcl/Tk, and Python. Tool allowed user to interact with ISP regular equipment such as DSLAMs (for xDSL customers), CMTS (cable modem termination system), and others.
- Designed all value-added services (e.g., email (with anti-spam feature), DNS, web page hosting) so as to allow administrator to create, modify and delete several aspects of said services (e.g., create virtual hosts, DNS records, email aliases).