Verified Expert in Engineering
Martin is chiefly a data analysis expert. He has worked both in astrophysics and medical imaging, has lived in five different countries, and speaks four languages. Currently he is looking to move from academia to the "real" world so that he can apply his talents to more tangible problems.
Qt, Git, Spyder, Python, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've created is a Breast MRI research platform for SQL and DICOM interaction, data processing and visualization, and computer assisted cancer diagnosis.
Medical Imaging Researcher
Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Created a Breast MRI research platform implemented as a Qt desktop application with a plug-in analysis system.
- Implemented SQL interactions via SQLAlchemy and a PostgreSQL layer to access complex interconnected tables recording patient records, histories, and outcomes.
- Developed an interface to a DICOM image server (PACS) to query and retrieve medical imaging data.
- Implemented data analysis, including lesion finding and segmentation, as well as dynamic, morphological, and textural measurement, and classification.
- Coded image processing software, featuring a motion correction algorithm (optical flow) and a generalized registration framework.
- Handled interactive data visualization, including 2D, 3D, overlays, and coordinate systems.
University of Florida
- Analyzed multi-wavelength observational data (infrared, optical, X-ray, and gamma-ray).
- Implemented dynamic time-series analysis, including low event rate and unevenly sampled data.
- Produced attractive, concise result summaries for publication.
- Created spectral fitting software for ordinary stars based on broad-band photometry.
- Auto-calibrated coordinate mapping and brightness systems for all wide-field observations.
PyQt, VTK, jQuery
LaTeX, Open Office, Inkscape, ITK, Spyder, Git
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Procedural Programming, Functional Programming, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Imperative Programming
POS, Software Development, Scientific Computing, Scientific Software Developer, DICOM, Machine Learning, Image Registration, PyRAF, 3D, 3D Modeling, Digital Imaging
Qt, Apache Spark, AngularJS, Django
Doctorate (Ph.D.) Degree in Astrophysics
University of Toronto - Canada
Master's Degree in Physics
University of Oxford - UK