Medical Imaging Researcher2012 - PRESENTSunnybrook Research Institute
Technologies: Python, PostgreSQL, DICOM, Qt, VTK, ITK, machine learning, mathematical morphology, image registration
- Created a Breast MRI research platform implemented as a Qt desktop application with a plug-in analysis system.
- Implemented SQL interactions via SQLAlchemy and a PostgreSQL layer to access complex interconnected tables recording patient records, histories, and outcomes.
- Developed an interface to a DICOM image server (PACS) to query and retrieve medical imaging data.
- Implemented data analysis, including lesion finding and segmentation, as well as dynamic, morphological, and textural measurement, and classification.
- Coded image processing software, featuring a motion correction algorithm (optical flow) and a generalized registration framework.
- Handled interactive data visualization, including 2D, 3D, overlays, and coordinate systems.
Astrophysicist2009 - 2012University of Florida
Technologies: Python, PyRAF, Ciao, 3D simulation, model fitting, domain expertise (time, image, and spectral)
- Analyzed multi-wavelength observational data (infrared, optical, X-ray, and gamma-ray).
- Implemented dynamic time-series analysis, including low event rate and unevenly sampled data.
- Produced attractive, concise result summaries for publication.
- Created spectral fitting software for ordinary stars based on broad-band photometry.
- Auto-calibrated coordinate mapping and brightness systems for all wide-field observations.