Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTNettbil
- Designed and implemented the back-end stack that would serve all the requirements of the business model. This included database design, an API interface, AWS infrastructure, on-the-fly image resizing and cropping, and scheduled batch processes.
- Played an instrumental role in steering the overall technology direction of the product to ensure that it is aligned with best practices and modern technology trends.
- Wrote all of the service layer code for the front end and was responsible for linking the presentation layers of the application to the service layers. Worked closely with the UI/UX engineer to ensure optimal results while maintaining pixel perfection.
- Assumed the role of product driver to make sure that what the CTO expected from the team and from the product stayed in sync at all times—went beyond the borders of just writing code.
- Consulted with the CTO for all technology-related discussions concerning the product.
- Set up both the staging and production environments on AWS.
- Caught and resolved the overflow work while the client was preparing to engage with the accessibility industry at CSUN 2017.
- Assisted in creating, improving, and tweaking accessibility tests written in jQuery.
- Resolved issues and created new features for the web application with React.
Software Engineer2014 - 2017Integrity Engineering (Pty) Ltd
- Worked on enterprise information management web applications for several big clients including Anglo American and Limpopo’s Department of Health.
- Maintained and set coding best practices and principles.
- Evaluated new technologies pending adoption.
- Developed and improved core technology stack as well as the in-house project assembly tool (CLI).
- Worked as the technical design liaison to the product owners on various web applications.
- Was involved closely with DevOps and the implementation of continuous integration.
- Engineered and transitioned an existing system to SAAS.
- Designed and implemented a hybrid mobile application development stack using Ionic and Cordova.
- Participated as an active team member in the Scrum project management methodology.
Junior Java Developer2012 - 2014Discovery Holdings (Pty) Ltd
Technologies: Spring, JEE
- Worked as a junior Java developer on the back-end and front-end of the Discovery Card (credit card) client-facing web application.
- Was considered by peers to be very well-trained and to have loads of technical potential.
- Experienced my first exposure to enterprise level software.
- Worked alongside a senior engineer who was designing and implementing an abstraction layer to be used as the basis for an alert system based on data triggers.
- Exposed existing data endpoints, using the SOAP protocol, that would later be used by a new application.