- Front-End Engineer2013 - 2015Quest Nutrition
Technologies: Magento, PHP, SQL, AWS, Stylus, Jade, Node.js, Keystone.js, Responsive Design with Various Libraries
- Implemented various responsive marketing websites (e.g. www.cheatcleanmachine.com) with CMS features, as well as time-sensitive promotional websites (e.g. loveyourproteinpowder.com); mostly using libraries in the Node.js stack for the back-end.
- Worked closely with the UX director to make sure his vision was properly reflected in implementation.
- Worked on the skin and themes of various websites, such as blog.questnutrition.com, www.questtraining.com, as well as certain portions of www.questnutrition.com.
- Worked with third party vendors to verify and implement various integrations and/or changes, such as: URL migrations ensuring any SEO attributes (such as keyword ranking) did not lose value, email marketing (via Listrak), and social media integration (via Gigya).
- Managed and setup various environments for testing, development, and QA via AWS and NEXCESS; including some light database administration to refresh data from production to non-production environments.
- Software Engineer2013 - 2013YP
Technologies: Java, AngularJS, RequireJS, Bootstrap 2
- Created D3.js visualizations for an advertising campaign data to determine successful versus unsuccesful campaigns.
- Fixed bugs for the internal GWT based advertising campaign management tool.
- Worked independently to prototype the UI for an ad campaign management service (e.g. like adsense) using AngularJS, RequireJS, and Boostrap 2.
- Created reusable Angular components including a table renderer and a table cell editor for various data types.
- Implemented changes to enhance fixed layouts into responsive templates for templates used to automatically produce client web sites for advertising purposes.
- Programmer Analyst2008 - 2013The Capital Group Companies
- Analyzed and validated SQL data to ensure accurate results based on an understood and well defined domain.
- Aided in requirements gathering and definition; exposing problems and raising issues as soon as possible during the development process.
- Led various efforts to advance the team's front-end expertise and the adoption of various front-end frameworks, including research/review/presentations on multiple options for company-wide adoption. Was the de-facto front-end lead for the team.
- Worked on front to back development of various internal tools essential to the company's investment process, from a data-centric application with a simple UX and complex domain requirements to customer-centric applications with simple data requirements and a complex UX.
- Mentored (ad-hoc) of multiple back-end senior software engineers who were interested in front-end development.
- Ensured team standards were followed when working with external contractors whose development practices differed.