Marwa Salah EL Ayyadi
Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Architect and Developer
Marwa is a senior DevOps architect with 15+ years of experience in software development, administration, DevOps, automation, and security. She grew her career between multinational and startup companies in different industries. Marwa led many challenging projects where she initiated the migration journey to the cloud and handled the architecture, platform development, security, automation processes, and performance enhancements using state-of-the-art technologies.
DevOps, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Kubernetes, Argo CD, CI/CD Pipelines, Docker, Terraform, AWS Cloud Development, Cost Reduction & Optimization
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on involved migrating an entire Flutterwave app's infrastructure to AWS. An Asian banker awarded it the Best Technology Platform.
AWS DevOps Engineer
Parthian Partners Limited
- Created fully automated staging and production environments and enabled an EKS cluster deployment pipeline built using CDK to deliver AWS CloudFormation resources for the EKS cluster. This reduces the manual provisioning time from around 8 hours to only 40 minutes.
- Created a CI/CD pipeline to automate building and deploy processes using GitOps for a microservices architecture that implemented all cloud scaling features having automated provisioning and deployment for all system components using CDK.
- Supported and maintained their legacy systems and created continuous deployment using the GitOps model to roll out applications.
Senior Cloud Architect
- Provisioned a Wyyerd infrastructure with the AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) to increase its reliability and responsibility.
- Designed a resilient and secure cloud infrastructure to support all business needs.
- Implemented monitoring and logging to reduce outages and continuously improve all systems.
- Designed and evaluated systems focusing on security vulnerabilities and business continuity planning.
- Outlined and configured a CI/CD pipeline for continuous software delivery, increasing developers' efficiency.
- Designed and implemented a disaster recovery plan using the pilot light strategy.
- Applied GitOps using Argo CD, the GitOps continuous delivery tool for Kubernetes.
Senior Full-stack Software Engineer
- Developed scripting and components to support continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
- Built scalable applications that operate on large-volume datasets using Scala.
- Analyzed technical and business requirements to develop a systems solution aligned with enterprise best practices, including those related to user experience and accessibility.
- Transformed unstructured data into suitable forms for analysis and modeling.
Senior DevOps Architect
- Initiated the migration journey to AWS by building the infrastructure for Flutterwave's core applications. Performed a security review for the complete AWS environment and deployed the application into the shared cluster.
- Automated the software delivery process using CI/CD pipelines with Kubernetes to streamline the build and deployment process.
- Participated in the design and build phase for the customer requirement and new change requests regarding the company's Java applications.
- Supported the team in applying the Agile methodology, guided them to select the right tools, and facilitated engineers training on how to configure the Jira backlog and management toolset.
- Improved efficiency, quality, and time to market as part of the software development process.
- Handled infrastructure, core product development, and performance enhancements using state-of-the-art technologies.
- Automated the software delivery process using CI/CD pipelines with Kubernetes.
- Supported the team in applying the Agile methodology and selecting the most accurate tools. I also taught engineers how to configure the Jira backlog and management toolset.
- Led many challenging projects in 19 countries integrating with the world's largest mobile money giants.
Technical Project Lead
- Created scalable solutions architecture, algorithms, and designs for the customer's enterprise and global requirements.
- Applied software engineering practices and implemented automation across all elements of the solution delivery, acting as the single point of contact between the onsite and offshore teams.
- Estimated the design and development efforts, participating in and supporting the development of new features and services.
- Contributed to implementing user acceptance testing (UAT) and system integration testing (SIT).
- Explored and developed expertise in Vodafone Germany's proprietary enterprise software products.
- Participated in sprint planning and customer requirements analysis.
- Expanded technical knowledge to refresh and maintain domain expertise in a technology area.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Managed all production tickets and incidents to meet service-level agreements (SLAs).
- Led, coached, and developed a large work team to accomplish all SLAs.
- Identified, diagnosed, and resolved production problems within the deadlines.
- Planned the workflow, managed multiple priorities, and met daily production targets.
- Created new procedures and processes to improve production accuracy.
- Developed and executed production schedules based on business demands and handled all bug-fix deliveries.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Acted as the subject-matter expert for main areas in the Baltrum online domain—self-care, consuming, and provisioning. Participated in the design and build phase for customer requirements and new change requests and reviewed solution designs.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as a tracking tool. Prepared technical and project-related documentation. Handled estimations in a tight timeframe to meet SLAs.
- Spearheaded all project-leading activities, such as preparing a task plan, tracking and coaching team members, and acting as the single point of contact for the client.
Senior Full-stack Software Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Developed the Vodafone market tool, EPOS, and participated in migrating Arcor, a German telecommunication company, for fixed net lines into it.
- Developed mobile and fixed net bundling use cases using Swing, MVC, XSLT, and XSD.
- Participated in the design and build phase for customer requirements and new change requests.
- Provided first-line support for all test stages, including incident and end-to-end testing.
- Acted as a subject-matter expert and single point of contact for the hardware area, upgrading EPOS software and build process.
- Developed and delivered learning activity programs.
- Assessed individual and group training needs. Maintained individual and group training records.
- Modified and further developed course materials in response to participants' feedback.
- Delivered remote and onsite training in the Gulf region and mentored team members.
- Participated in knowledge transfer, information sharing, and consulting activities.
- Explained complex concepts with simple real-life examples, exercises, and storytelling.
Technologies used in this solution include the Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon Aurora, Amazon Application Load Balancers (ALB), Istio, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), Prometheus, Grafana, Loki for logging, Amazon CloudWatch, and Amazon GuardDuty. I also used AWS CodePipeline, Argo CD, and Argo Rollouts for the CI/CD pipeline.
Spring Boot, Flux
Amazon EKS, Grafana, GitLab CI/CD, Docker Compose, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon CloudWatch, ELK (Elastic Stack), GitLab, RabbitMQ, Bitbucket, Helm, GitHub, Kibana, Logstash, Terraform, Jenkins, AWS CloudFormation, Docker Swarm, Zipkin, NGINX, Apache Maven, Istio
DevOps, Serverless Architecture, DevSecOps, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Development (CD), Continuous Delivery (CD)
Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, Mule ESB, Azure
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Amazon DynamoDB
Argo CD, CI/CD Pipelines, Prometheus, AWS DevOps, AWS Certified Solution Architect, AWS Cloud Architecture, Architecture, Cloud Security, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), DevOps Engineer, GitOps, Cloud Architecture, Amazon RDS, Load Balancers, AWS Well-Architected Framework, Cost Analysis, Cost Control, Amazon Kinesis, Autoscaling, Documentation, ECS, Containerization, Containers, APIs, API Gateways, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Security, Cloud Migration, Networking, Amazon OpenSearch, AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK), ISO 8583, SAML-auth, OOP Designs, Data Analytics, Cost Reduction & Optimization, Caching, Monitoring, ChatGPT
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Mansoura University - Mansoura, Egypt
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Sun Certified Web Component Developer
Sun Certified Java Developer