PHP Developer in Brno, South Moravian Region, Czech Republic
Full-stack Developer2014 - PRESENTMaptive (via Toptal)
- Added new front-end features to an existing responsive web/mobile application.
- Heavily used Google Maps API v3 to display items on the map and perform geospatial data calculations.
- Added new features to the back-end API. The back-end was written using PHP, based on a MySQL database and communicating with the front-end via AJAX in JSON format.
- Debugged and tested for memory leaks on both desktop and mobile devices using Safari/Chrome developer tools, Xcode, and instruments.
- Set up and written automated tests for the application using Selenium and Facebook PHP WebDriver.
- Introduced React.js, Redux, Webpack, EC6, TypeScript, ESLint, and TSLint into the application by creating new components or recreating existing ones (from vanilla JS or jQuery) in React, while communicating with older technologies with minimum overhead. Using Redux single store, I set up the framework in the way so it would be easy to gradually "reactify" the application.
Web (Full-stack) + Hybrid Mobile App Solo Developer2015 - 2015Podagy (via Toptal)
Technologies: AngularJS, Yii2, PhoneGap, MySQL
- Developed a RESTful API back-end based on Yii2 PHP framework.
- Utilized the LAMP stack, hosted in the Amazon Cloud.
- Utilized AngularJS for the web and mobile application front-end. Most of the code was reused across both applications.
- Used Mandrill API for sending emails. Self-created templates viewable in desktop, web, and mobile email clients. The client provided PSD graphics and mockups for some of the required functionality. I set up versioning software (Git on Bitbucket) and LAMP, designed the architecture of the application, and sliced PSDs to create the design of both mobile and web applications. I have also solo-developed both applications.
- Managed packages in Composer and Bower.
Front-end and Mobile Developer2013 - 2014Software Development Europe
- Improved a mobile hybrid application built using PhoneGap.
- Upgraded the mobile hybrid application to work with the newest standards.
- Worked in an Agile development environment.
- Used Scrum methodologies.
- Web and hybrid mobile solution for taxi booking and tracking (Development)
Created an application for booking taxis. The application also featured an interface for a dispatcher. I implemented the REST architecture. Technologies used were: PHP, Apache 2, Apache Cordova, jQuery Mobile, jQuery, CSS3, Google Maps API v3, Google Cloud Messaging, Android Native. It was a startup project and I was the sole developer.
- Web application which provides translations to and offers products of a third-party company fetched via SOAP (Development)
I was the sole developer in a startup project. The application continuously fetches products from a third party company via SOAP. These products are then translated via Google Translate API v2 and presented to the customer. As a solo developer, my responsibilities also included setting up a Debian Linux server together with Apache, Postfix, FTP Daemon, Arno Firewall, CRON, and other tools. Other technologies used are Yii2 PHP framework, Codeception testing framework, AngularJS, jQuery, Bootstrap 3, Angular-UI library, and more. The application consists of front-end, back-end, and console programming.
- eCommerce solution based on Opencart (Development)
eCommerce solution for a medium-sized company. The most interesting part about this project was that the database of the e-shop is synchronized daily with the company's internal database. The databases are not homogenous, so converting of the data was also applied (not just products but also category structure, etc). The project was based on an Opencart eCommerce solution, but soon evolved beyond that as new features were needed. I started as a solo developer and as the project developed, I stayed on as team leader and consultant.
- Promotional game for a hair-care company on Facebook (Development)
As a part of a three-person team, I helped to create two Facebook applications (games) for a hair-care company to promote their new products. My task was to create the ActionScript 3 Flash front-end for both applications that communicated with a back-end written in PHP.
- Game on Google Play (Development)https://www.mojandroid.sk/obedna-prestavka-slovenska-android-hra-juices/
As the sole programmer in a team with a graphic designer, I created a game which was ultimately submitted to the Android market (Google Play). The mobile part of the application was written in ActionScript 3 (Adobe Flash) leveraging Adobe AIR capabilities. The back-end part, used to keep track of scores, was created using PHP, AmfPHP and MySQL. See the above link for a review (in Slovak).
- Facebook quiz application (Development)
I was the sole developer of a promotional Facebook quiz application. The application leveraged Facebook Graph API to get basic data from users and post on their wall. Technologies used included PHP, Facebook PHP SDK, CSS3, and MySQL.
- "Mosaic of hope" - web application for donating to a foundation (Development)http://www.kvapkanadeje.sk/aktuality-kvapka-nadeje/mozaika-nadeje.html
Served as sole developer of an application through which users can donate money to a foundation. Its front-end was created using Adobe Flash and was designed as a mosaic. Users buy pieces of the mosaic directly in the application, so it also features secured payment gateways. The back-end was created using PHP, AmfPHP, and MySQL.
- Presentation and eCommerce web solution for an educational company (Development)
Presentational and eCommerce web solution for an educational company, based on CakePHP v1.
Libraries/APIsReact, Google Maps, jQuery, Selenium WebDriver, jQuery Mobile, Facebook Open Graph API
ParadigmsREST, Model View Controller (MVC), Functional Programming, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Agile Software Development, Scrum
FrameworksSelenium, AngularJS, PhoneGap, Yii 2, Cordova, Bootstrap 3, Ionic, Android SDK, Jasmine, CodeIgniter, Codeception
ToolsPhpStorm, GIS, Firebug, Apache, Flash, PuTTY, Adobe AIR, Bower, Composer, Git, Trello, Perforce, Rally, FlashDevelop, Google Cloud Messaging, Adobe Premiere Pro, Xcode, Postfix, Karma
PlatformsMacOS, OpenCart, Debian Linux, Android, Windows
StorageMySQL, Microsoft SQL Server
- Master's degree in Applied Informatics2012 - 2014Masaryk University Faculty of Informatics - Brno, Czech Republic
- Bachelor's degree in Informatics2009 - 2012Slovak University of Technology Faculty of Informatics and Information Technologies - Bratislava, Slovak Republic