DevOps Engineer2020 - 2021Toptal Clients
Technologies: Red Hat OpenShift, OpenShift, Kubernetes, HashiCorp Vault, SonarQube, Nexus, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, AWS Service Catalog, AWS CloudFormation
- Took a leadership role in introducing an AWS Service Catalog provisioning system, responsible for building AWS CloudFormation templates for numerous services. Worked with colleagues and the AWS team on defining correct practices.
- Worked on the migration of the critical tooling from the OpenShift 3.11 to 4.6.
- Introduced a new high-availability HashiCorp Vault cluster to serve as a company-wide secrets store, built policies, and worked with engineering teams to ensure they have the right knowledge and tools to start using it.
- Worked with the engineering teams to help them with application containerization—initial deployments, knowledge sharing, debugging, performance monitoring, and best practices.
- Introduced various proofs-of-concept to validate ideas and possibilities to improve existing tooling.
- Worked on the cost optimization—licenses renegotiation, right-sizing of existing resources, new cost monitoring dashboards, and provisioning systems amendments—to ensure more efficient choices.
- Worked with GitLab and GitLab CI/CD pipelines on new products and improved existing ones.
Cloud Economist2020 - 2021Toptal Clients
Technologies: Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud)
- Contributed to the reduction of the AWS annual bill by 30%.
- Introduced savings plans and reduced the overhead and unused fees from reserved instances.
- Introduced good practices on efficient resource provisioning.
- Worked on right-sizing across numerous AWS services, including EC2, RDS, S3, FSx, EFS, EBS, S3, EMR, Glue jobs, and others.
- Worked with stakeholders on many levels, including engineering teams, finance teams, and management, always ensuring clear communication and realistic expectations.
- Worked extensively with cost and usage reports to create robust, detailed reports and forecasts.
- Introduced robust cost optimization QuickSight reports following the best practices from the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Worked closely with the AWS TAM and AWS cost experts on resolving immediate or upcoming cost issues with non-default solutions to the challenges I faced.
Lead DevOps Engineer2019 - 2020Self-employed
Technologies: AWS CodeDeploy, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Docker, AWS CloudFormation, Postfix, Amazon Aurora, AWS CodePipeline, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), AWS, Architecture, GitHub, AWS ELB, AWS Lambda
- Architected, deployed, and managed a highly scalable EC2-base infrastructure on AWS for one of the leading theater websites in the world.
- Configured a Postfix-base email cluster sending up to 5,000,000 emails per day while keeping outstanding deliverability results.
- Introduced continuous integration and continuous delivery to the stack.
- Introduced a variety of updates to use systems more efficiently and reduce AWS bills, e.g., reserved instances, colder storage, and auto-scaling.
- Provided out-of-hours support to work with reliability issues.
Technical Architect | Lead DevOps Engineer2016 - 2019Self-employed
Technologies: AWS CodeDeploy, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon API Gateway, Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), Docker, AWS CloudFormation, Cost Management, Amazon Route 53, Amazon DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Relational Database Services (RDS), AWS CodePipeline, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), AWS, Architecture, GitHub
- Architected, deployed, and managed a highly scalable AWS-based infrastructure for a custom-built multi-tier ERP platform.
- Worked closely with all stakeholders to define the roadmap and bottlenecks.
- Introduced robust monitoring and alerting systems and a robust, centralized log management system.
- Reviewed resources to optimize performance and AWS bills.
- Improved the resiliency and reliability of systems by introducing auto-scaling for EC2s, read-replicas on RDS, and a variety of other changes for other tiers.
Head of Platform | Lead DevOps Engineer2018 - 2018Blubolt
Technologies: AWS CodeDeploy, Amazon Web Services (AWS), PCI DSS, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), AWS CodePipeline, CircleCI, Jenkins, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), ECS, PHP, Docker, Vagrant, ELK (Elastic Stack), AWS CloudFormation, AWS, Architecture, Serverless, GitHub, Technical Hiring, Interviewing, VPN
- Developed and delivered measurable outcomes on a clear public-facing and internal-facing product roadmap.
- Architected and deployed improvements around continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Introduced a variety of improvements for the local working environment.
- Identified cost savings across all environments and tiers to utilize existing infrastructure more efficiently.
- Worked continuously on improving the resilience and reliability of AWS-based systems.
- Served as the principal contact with senior management for major platform incidents that are causing widespread business disruption (internal and external).
- Worked closely with the commercial team to ensure product development aligns with business priorities.
Platform Technical Lead2017 - 2018Blubolt
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon SQS, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), ELK (Elastic Stack), Sentry, Sumo Logic, AWS CloudFormation, PHP, AWS, Architecture, Serverless, GitHub
- Orchestrated major technical decisions and overall technical strategy to reach the business objectives faster.
- Delivered major technical milestones (e.g., implementing new frameworks).
- Managed the team and optimized and maximized productivity.
- Evangelized the platform and nurtured a great working environment.
- Architected and deployed a variety of stack improvements.
DevOps Engineer2016 - 2017Blubolt, Ltd.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Sumo Logic, ELK (Elastic Stack), Jenkins, AWS CloudFormation, Bitbucket Pipelines, CircleCI, Vagrant, Docker, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), AWS, GitHub
- Improved DevOps practices and culture within the company.
- Designed, built, and deployed continuous integration tools to help empower the development team.
- Improved and maintained the working environment to improve the efficiency of development teams.
- Built, released, and configured production systems.
- Introduced an automation process across the company to target the bottlenecks on the software delivery.
- Troubleshot the systems and workflow to target the most disruptive bottlenecks.
- Contributed to the systems support roster to ensure the high availability of AWS systems.
Systems Engineer2016 - 2016Blubolt, Ltd.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Sentry, Datadog, Sumo Logic, ELK (Elastic Stack), Solr, Elasticsearch, Amazon SQS, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), Memcached, Relational Database Services (RDS), Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), AWS
- Maintained the local, staging, and production server infrastructure on AWS.
- Improved reliability, performance, and cost-efficiency of the infrastructure to ensure the best end-user experience.
- Collaborated with management, support, and development teams.
- Fulfilled my duties on the out-of-hours support roster for AWS systems.
- Troubleshot bottlenecks across the production and development systems.
- Built, released, and configured production, staging, and development systems.
Lead Developer at BOMcheck.net2013 - 2016BOMcheck
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), Amazon SQS, Elasticsearch, Relational Database Services (RDS), Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), AWS, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), PHP, Architecture
- Served as the lead architect and technical decision-maker in developing a big-data project: BOMcheck.net.
- Defined and built a cross-region AWS-based infrastructure utilizing EC2, RDS, Elasticsearch, SQS, SNS, and other technologies.
- Improved performance, reliability, and scalability of the project on both code and systems levels.
Web Developer2012 - 2013Blubolt, Ltd.
- Developed numerous payment, warehouse, and shipping integrations with most well-known providers in the UK.
- Implemented new core platform improvements as well as maintained and refactored the code.
- Provided both internal and external technical support.
- Worked closely with other programmers, designers, and account managers.
Founder2009 - 2012Na Zdrowie
- Founded a successful eCommerce business selling organic goods.
- Built a variety of PrestaShop extensions using web technologies.
- Built a company that became one of the most recognizable online organic stores in the local market.